Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "SWAT CELL" Ambushed by the "Green Monster" and "Surfers of the Wrong Kind"!

YECHH!....Had to scoot passed the wretch shots real quick like...Glad you boys had a chance to get together and have some laughs...makes it a lot easier to take an off day in stride...I've been soloing, trying to force the Topanga area to give something up, but no dice...Yesterday, Monday, the 'cans, in major numbers, were crashing the beach big time, and in super close (must have been a great grunion run last night) It was a fun challenge firing the LC through the birds without picking one up...but then I didn't pick up anything of the fishy kind either...Hope to see the SWAT brigade out there, somewhere, this weekend...

Hey Steve. You got out there thats what counts. Yea I think the full moon had alot to do with the daylight fishing the past weekend. I did a 1.5 day trip friday night out to the Cortez Bank and nothing but rock fish. No yellows or tuna anywhere.
    There's always next weekend. Well for some of you. As soon as I got home Monday the wife said were going to New Jersey Wed-Sun to see her sister.... That's all good I just hope to come back with my first out of state report, but I will have to wait and see.

Steve, it's good to see you back in the surf. The problem is I don't see you in any of the pics that were posted.

I was there the day after with similar conditions. Lot's of salad and a slow bite. The worst part of the day was losing two LC's. Oh well, more in the mail arriving.

The park rangers must have hauled that carcass away because I didn't see or smell anything. That looks nasty! Don't care for sealions anyways. They're annoying and spook all the fish away.

Good to see everyone out there having a good time. Hope to see everyone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Steve, it's good to see you back in the surf. The problem is I don't see you in any of the pics that were posted.
    Sorry Jason, I agree with you. I hope this partially solves the problem. To be honest, it felt like a hit and run mission. On those kind of missions my camera usually doesn't come out at all. Besides posting 2 pictures of the dead smelly sea lion... I should of included this one of Steve, even though it doesn't show much of the fish.
    I dont know what I was thinking.

Hi Steve!!!!!!!

Hey Steve,
    It was a rough ine up and down the coast.
    Good to see you got a few.
    Hope to see you soon,
    Robert
    <><

That sea lion was huge ..I'm hearing the tuna bite is virtually gone all the schools are being netted!this is the second year for horrible tuna bite after I just got my new avet looks like I'm waiting till next year I like the count to be at least 800

Hi klocked,

What a pleasure to see that fish stealing, fat, dead dog. Seeing them in action reminds me of Fat Bast**d in the movie goldmember yelling in a scottish brogue 'In ma belly .. gimme that baaaby'! :)

JapanRon

Ewwwww, i practically can smell the stench coming from my computer screen.

Nice variety of catch, nice job to the swat crew.

Steve, been awhile since we've seen you in action. I think the Father's Day Battle in the Harbor was the last right?
    At least you guys got a decent mix of fish, and that Seal us HUGE!

Steve,
    It was great to finally get out there and fish with you again! We've been talking about it for such a long time, and I am glad that it finally happened. Had a lot of fun sharing the sand with you even though the fishing wasn't the best. At least each of us got a new species though! Definitely hope to fish with you again soon!

John,
    It seems like we're due for a WFO surf session when we hit the sand together. The past few haven't been the most productive even though we've put in a lot of effort. The company is always fantastic though! Looking forward to our next surf trip! Also, that sea lion was something to see!

Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12