Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "SWAT CELL" Ambushed by the "Green Monster" and "Surfers of the Wrong Kind"!

Default "SWAT CELL" Ambushed by the "Green Monster" and "Surfers of the Wrong Kind"!

After a long hiatus from the surf or any fishing for that matter, I was desperate to hit the waters somewhere and preferably in the surf.

I had sent out a hailing in my reply to Arthur”s (Wingnut) invite to venture up north to Yoda's (Exfactor) territory for fellow SWAT members who might go out on Sunday as I was working on Saturday.

Roberto (Murritta Angler) was kind enough to respond but he was not feeling confident in the conditions down south.

I chatted with Arthur for a bit about his day up north and any suggestions as to an AO for Sunday Morning. Pea Soup was suggested.

Well Roberto was kind of understandably reluctant to travel north and I was also to travel south if conditions were not there.

I tried to call Eddie (Hesbros) to see his plans as well as John (Klocked) but received no answer from either. Now I was really wondering what I would do.

Decided to go to sleep on it.

Beep, Beep, Beep! BSP will be at the AO at 0700. Beep, Beep, Beep! (John) Sorry I did not recognize you #. Will be there early!

Great to see I will have some company!

I am up at 0330 and there by 0445, suit up and head down in the semi dark thanks to a pretty much still full moon.

Conditions seemed pretty good and calm looking at them in the dark. Third cast produced a Queenfish!

Then a whole lotta salad was in the mix!

John (Klocked) was next to arrive, and was on a mission to return to Toad Rock for Lightning to strike twice.

After a short spell there we returned to the sand and I picked up a pancake.

Shortly after that Nick & Mark (BSP) arrived and conditions were deteriorating to even worse than what I arrived to.
    Here is the Salad mix that greeted Nick!

Marc with his first ever LC Torpedo!

John was working the point very fast with the conditions. I hooked another pancake and farmed/ uhhhh released it at color.

Marc quickly followed with the largest Flattie at about 17"

I followed and was very much fooled that I had a nicer fish with a foul hooked Torpedo!

John was off working the bushes for some reason behind us when I suddenly heard some vile sounds and turned to see John trying his hardest to keep from vomiting! I will let him post up that pic!

We soon surrendered the location and made a move to Bean Central where it was very crowded with the surfing gang of the wrong kind by 0900. We made the walk down but after about 30 minutes we were back in the parking lots pretty much in agreement that today was not the day!

Nick, Marc, & John,

It was nice to be out on the water again with you guys! Conditions shut us down but still had a great time chatting with you out there!

Till next time!

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 07-18-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Steve, it was great to fish with you again buddy! It had been a long while.
    I was happy to see you catch a few fish even if I did get the skunkerdoodle!

Nice seeing you out there Marc and Nick! Good job on the big fish Marc.

"Vile sounds" LOL!!! I've never seen a dead sea lion of such massive proportions before in my life
    it didn't look nearly as bad as it smelled

What happened? ...and please dont burp any fermenting gases while I take the picture!

Thats a size 14 boot. With the camera held above my head, I couldn't get it all in the pic
    Last edited by klocked; 07-18-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Steve,

It has been a while since I've seen a post from you and I'm glad to see that you are back on the water with the SWAT Team! Even if the bite isn't epic SWAT always seems to bring something to the deck.

I hope to cross paths with you again sometime soon.

Awesome to see you get out with a few of the crew Steve. Nice mix of de-skunkers too!
    Sunday was a no go for me buddy. This upcomming weekend looks good as far as tide swings are concerned.
    A little swelly but ya gotta take what poseidon gives you!
    Give me a buzz if your schedual allows you to fish later this week bro.
    I'm thinking about a southern attack in Roberto's hood !

We had similiar conditions up here the day before, and, when we did find clean water, it was devoid of fish. Think they fed all night with the full moon, and were napping when we arrived. My LC was a punk rocker as well, but they showed me no love with it. Therefore, I did my Mcgyver imitation, and found a bite. I agree that this next weekend looks much more promising.

that seal looks like it got to close to a squid boat bullet holes

Sorry I couldn't join you guys out there Steve. Sundays are my "Honey Do Days" now.
    Really, really happy to see you back out in the surf again buddy. At least you pulled in a few to help shake that rust off.
    John, Marc & Nick... nice efforts, I'm pretty sure it was a bit slow everywhere this weekend.

Hopefully, some of you guys can join me this weekend for an all-out blitz before I go into "lockdown" mode.

Glad to see you guys made it out and it is good to see you back in action Steve. That seal was a grizzly discovery to say the least. Just the thought of how bad that rotting beast had to have smelled is making me sick. Sorry to hear the spot 2 was a no go. Hope to fish with you guys soon. Might be able to fish Sunday..

JerryG

Dam Salad. Thanks for the report.
    Last week a dead seal floated by me at JCS KH.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Steve, it was great to fish with you again buddy! It had been a long while.
    I was happy to see you catch a few fish even if I did get the skunkerdoodle!

Nice seeing you out there Marc and Nick! Good job on the big fish Marc.

"Vile sounds" LOL!!! I've never seen a dead sea lion of such massive proportions before in my life
    it didn't look nearly as bad as it smelled

What happened? ...and please dont burp any fermenting gases while I take the picture!

Thats a size 14 boot. With the camera held above my head, I couldn't get it all in the pic

Well that's one less ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast