Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basics of Catching Catfish

i lik to switch out my line wenevr im low, thers an excess amount of memory, or if ive been fishing in a lot of cover. good tips and thanks for the article

Crayfish are a good catfish bait!

They prefer live food over fresh dead!

power pro for backing as it will last for several years, then put mono for top shot

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    switch it out, you should probably have done it about 2trips ago. I only use line for 4strait trips if im too lazy to switch it out. The berkely big game stuff seems to have lasted me a while though, Im going on 6trips with it. But im only doing that to see how long itll last. Ill probably give it one more trip then switch.
    The problem with that is finding out that the line is shot means it breaks off with a FISH on the other end.

Yea but if i lose a fish I lose a fish. It may pain me for that moment but no changing the past. Besides if i caught a personal best I wouldn't eat him because im too lazy too filliet that much meat. And i dont really throw back fish. Unless i have a real good reason to. thats mainly why i dont catch bass other then striped. because you can't eat 'em.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! I found your tips to be very informative and eliminated some of my misunderstanding about catfishes. Will need to give catfish a try!

what u mean u cant eat em, i watch bear grylls eat one the other.....but really tho just cause the bass nazi's on this forum would like u to believe otherwise doesnt mean u cant eat it....just make sure its legal size

Quote Originally Posted by ushone View Post
    what u mean u cant eat em, i watch bear grylls eat one the other.....but really tho just cause the bass nazi's on this forum would like u to believe otherwise doesnt mean u cant eat it....just make sure its legal size
    Bear grylls isn't who you think he is. I used to like him, until he claimed you could get water from a barrel cactus, which in reality contains several toxic alkaloids.

The seri called it the death cactus because it dehydrates you, and causes nausea and vomiting, which are a death-sentence in triple-digit temps!

Not to mention I found out he wasn't really roughing it. His crew was sneaking him lobster and other fancy meals off camera =P

Just look it up on youtube. His hawaii episode, was shot next to a busy highway..

Quote Originally Posted by ushone View Post
    what are you talking about noone said anything about eating bass, did they?
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Any specific rigs and baits that you like to use for Irvine catfish?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast