Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some what new to fishing

Default Some what new to fishing

Hello everyone like the title said I'm semi new to fishing. I have learned so much fumbling around like a drunk frat boy and decided it was time to stop my stalking ways and finally post. Only went fishing 6 times and have caught all together about 6 fish all at Gregory. I'm still learning and always looking for more tips.

Question: How many of you fish with your kids versus leaving the kids at home and fishing solo?

Welcome to the site, may i ask what do you fish for? And sorry i cant answer your question because i dont have kids, but i do have younger cousins that are all under 10 and i take them sometimes. But only if i plan it out first. Since i fish cats and stripers mainly i dont normally take them.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I've only caught Bluegills and green sunfish. I would like to try my hand at bass or catfish but don't have enough knowledge to feel comfortable going after them yet. I have taken my step daughter (12 yrs) fishing most of the time with me and she still hasn't caught anything yet and it's kind of bumming her out. Hell my neighbor who gotten me in to fishing in the first place took her with his kids and still nada.

I fish catfish often and I mean often. I have a thread under tips of the month giving the basics of catfishing. I may later give a thread on some more complicated aspects to catfishing but for now basics it is check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflores View Post
    I've only caught Bluegills and green sunfish. I would like to try my hand at bass or catfish but don't have enough knowledge to feel comfortable going after them yet. I have taken my step daughter (12 yrs) fishing most of the time with me and she still hasn't caught anything yet and it's kind of bumming her out. Hell my neighbor who gotten me in to fishing in the first place took her with his kids and still nada.
    hey hows it going man glad to have you aboard.

the best thing you can do to learn how to fish is learn how to fish for one type of fish then move on.

bluegills and other types of pan fish are a great place to start, there relatively easy to catch theirs tones of them every were and there are many many diff ways to fish for them. i personally found that fly fishing for pan fish is the funnest way for me. but you can throw jigs and other plastics for them and there are even hard baits for them like spinner baits and crank baits and of cours there is bait

i still suck at bass fishing only caught a few so ill leave that one alone. but cat fishing is fun and easy but just like all fishing it can get frustrating. just look around the site there are tones of reports and even how to posts for cat fishing.

even tho im not the best i know what im doing when it comes to the kitties so feel free to shoot me pm and ill answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge. well that goes for any questions you might have.

o and i cant wait to take my lil girl out fishing with me she is just a bit to young right now. but i dont think i can take her out with me all the time. some times i gotta get hard core and go on a mission and i dont see a young child having to much fun on those grueling missions that some times happen

Trout is also a good place to start. And aflores you may also shoot me a pm if youd like a second opinion or just cuz you want to. Even though Im sure thisfool is perfectly capable of telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Trout is also a good place to start. And aflores you may also shoot me a pm if youd like a second opinion or just cuz you want to. Even though Im sure thisfool is perfectly capable of telling you.
    hey hey trying to troll me lol j/k

ask every one. just post up what ever questions you may have and i can guarantee you will get plenty of advice. make sure to mention your new to fishing that way no one gets to complicated.

Welcome, glad to have ya onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I fish catfish often and I mean often. I have a thread under tips of the month giving the basics of catfishing. I may later give a thread on some more complicated aspects to catfishing but for now basics it is check it out sometime.
    I will check it out man. Thanks for the tip. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    hey hows it going man glad to have you aboard.

the best thing you can do to learn how to fish is learn how to fish for one type of fish then move on.

bluegills and other types of pan fish are a great place to start, there relatively easy to catch theirs tones of them every were and there are many many diff ways to fish for them. i personally found that fly fishing for pan fish is the funnest way for me. but you can throw jigs and other plastics for them and there are even hard baits for them like spinner baits and crank baits and of cours there is bait

i still suck at bass fishing only caught a few so ill leave that one alone. but cat fishing is fun and easy but just like all fishing it can get frustrating. just look around the site there are tones of reports and even how to posts for cat fishing.

even tho im not the best i know what im doing when it comes to the kitties so feel free to shoot me pm and ill answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge. well that goes for any questions you might have.

o and i cant wait to take my lil girl out fishing with me she is just a bit to young right now. but i dont think i can take her out with me all the time. some times i gotta get hard core and go on a mission and i dont see a young child having to much fun on those grueling missions that some times happen
    Been fishing primarily at Gregory. So that is where I will start my quest for catfish. Any tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast