Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight estimate please.....

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePig View Post
    .......when I can make a fist with both hands and put them side by said and easily fit into the mouth...
    Have you ever considered fist enhancement surgery? I understand they are able to do some amazing things these days.

Nice fish!!....If I had to guess then I would say 5lbs...just my guess....my avatar fish is 8-12 so i am go against that.

im actually surprised people are guessing as low as low as they are. I see people post fish asking for weights all the time and see people are telling each other 2-4 lb fishing are 5-6lb+!

Look at the head and gill plate on this fish, imo its an easy 5lb+ based on that alone.

Between 5.5 and 6 pounds easily

Thanks for the responses for those of you that have a clue....lol. My guess was around 7..

I'd say 6-7 lb. Range.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePig View Post
    That's funny...the pic in your avatar looks smaller then mine.....
    Now you are really trying to be a comedian.

You better look again.
    I meant no disrespect but you asked for our opinion. If you don't want our opinion and our answers are not what you are looking for than don't ask and don't get hurt. Again, you asked. Your fish is skinny, no belly and most mature, larger bass have large eyes. Your fish has none of the above. I still say 3 to 4 pounds. My humble, opinion which you aked for. "Still a nice catch"

Take care and keep catching
    couesdeer77
    Last edited by Catrack77; 07-15-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couesdeer77 View Post
    Now you are really trying to be a comedian.

You better look again.
    I meant no disrespect but you asked for our opinion. If you don't want our opinion and our answers are not what you are looking for than don't ask and don't get hurt. Again, you asked. Your fish is skinny, no belly and most mature, larger bass have large eyes. Your fish has none of the above. I still say 3 to 4 pounds. My humble, opinion which you aked for. "Still a nice catch"

Take care and keep catching
    couesdeer77
    I was going to say the same thing. Not trying to create conflict but I have caught many fish in the 7-8lb range and that fish isn't 6 or 7lbs.

This fish was 8.9lbs

And this fish was 7.8lbs

Better in the future to have yourself armed with a scale so you will know rather then submit yourself to the scrutiny of a public forum along with guys who catch big fish on the regular who know..

Here's a 6.7 or whatever it was a while ago

I guess the pics shows almost 7

And here's an 8 the same day. lol. Mofo looks photoshopped it was so full of eggs. Had a tiny mouth.
    Unlike the other fish same day less weight huuuuge mouth.

Those weren't caught on bluegills.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-15-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. Not trying to create conflict but I have caught many fish in the 7-8lb range and that fish isn't 6 or 7lbs.

This fish was 8.9lbs

And this fish was 7.8lbs

Better in the future to have yourself armed with a scale so you will know rather then submit yourself to the scrutiny of a public forum along with guys who catch big fish on the regular who know..
    LOL.........yeaah, maybe I'll black everything out and stick my fish 2 inches from the camera and take a picture. Hell, that fish looks like it's 27 pounds. Please buddy, why do you think I made this post? I know exactly how much that fish weighed.......I just love to see how people like you and several others on here have no clue. You're not hurting my feelings. Thanks for your post and 2 cents though. I'll have a camera and scale with me now where ever I go. I wish I had a photo of the weight to show how "Smart" you think you are.........and TJ, I had no gear in Pennsylvania bro, that's why I caught the gills first for bait. I didn't take anything with me. I will next time though.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast