Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Possibly renting out my boat

Default Possibly renting out my boat

I've been considering for awhile renting out my boats on a regular basis. Just wondering if anyone else has done. I wanna do it on the "up and up". One is just a small 14' bass boat w/ 10 hp 4 stroke. The other is a 16' w/ 90 hp. Just wondering what you guys thought.

It's a great way to make extra bucks while not using them. My friends in the Alhambra did the same with their 30 footer double decker, 350hp twin for Catalina and deep sea fishing by private groups. They had the paperwork all lined up, including liabilities and waivers. You should do the same. Come up with straight forward fee schedule, waivers just in case they kill themselves from cap-sizing or drunk on your boats, and liability to ensure the renters and their next of kins pay off any possible damage. Good luck!

post some pics of these boats. if the price is right, i would consider renting the 16' for diamond valley. Ken at the bass-taxi does this with his boats. It gets expensive though. So if you want to get my business, you have to be cheaper than him.

Great idea... I would do the same if i still had my boat! lol

I haven't taken out Bass-Taxi but his rig is decked out with all the goodies at a decent price. For example, a deluxe bass boat costs $120 to rent at DVL. For 30 extra bucks you have a tournament ready rig. Still a little pricey for a day of fishing, but i've been considering it.

It might help if you tell us what your boat has to offer over the plain o' rental boats.

I imagine getting insured and bonded is going to require a significant initial investment.