Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to site

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Welcome to the site. If you fish catfish or stripers i can definitely help you there. trout kinda.
    You have all been very kind. I appreciate that. I am a newbie here and have yet to meet more people in this area. I have fished for kitties many times in Idaho. I like fishing for Steelhead and Salmon. I like a challenge.

Well anyways, Hope to see you out on the water sometime.

If you wana challenge then fish stripers, better yet grab a time machine go back to the 90s and fish the stripers in california then, My uncle fished pyramid all through the 90s and caught loads of stripers in the double digits. back then 20lbers were the norm. LOL, Dont know what happened since stripers still fight pretty good and still get good sizes but not like they used to. man memories LMAO.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Do you fish for Stripers at Pyramid? I see you live in Quartz Hill? Where do you fish?

I fish pyramid all up and down, same with castaic. fish brite lake in tehachapi. apollo park, the aqueduct alot. quail lake. lake elizabeth. lake san antonio. And some others.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Howdy Reellady,
    Welcome to the site, as you've already noticed, lots of helpful people here.
    I am a saltwater person myself, so I can't help you with the fresh stuff.
    There is a Team 57 event coming up here at Irvine Lake.
    It would be a good way to meet alot of nice people in person and put a name face to the screen names.
    There are other women who attend them also.
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Howdy Reellady,
    Welcome to the site, as you've already noticed, lots of helpful people here.
    I am a saltwater person myself, so I can't help you with the fresh stuff.
    There is a Team 57 event coming up here at Irvine Lake.
    It would be a good way to meet alot of nice people in person and put a name face to the screen names.
    There are other women who attend them also.
    Robert
    <><
    Hello there murrieta angler,
    Thank you. People are great here on FNN! Happy I came across this site. Lots of tips and great postings. I have met great people on here so far.: I have heard from many that Irvine is a great place to fish. I checked it out for a bit during the week last week. I can use some great tips on saltwater fishing. I have yet to fish the saltwater this summer.
    I will be attending Woodstock on the 20th. Looking forward to that! What upcoming event are you referring to?

Tina
    <*))))><
    Last edited by Reellady46; 08-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

I moved down here from the Bay Area about 8 years ago and discovered salt water fishing. The boat I highly recommend is the Pursuit out of 22nd Street Landing in San Pedro. They do 3/4 day trips to Catalina and in my opinion (as well as many others) is the top local Yellowtail hunter. Going to Catalina Island, youll get a good shot to catch different species such as Bonito, Calico Bass, Sheephead, assorted rockfish, and Yellowtail. I have never been skunked on that boat and I used to go once or twice a week when my schedule allowed me to do so.

I'm also in Costa Mesa and have recently been getting into freshwater fishing after my salt water buddy moved away a couple of years ago.

If you ever want to hit a local lake or need 1 to pitch in for gas let me know. I've been fishing several times in the last 2 months and my best is a 2lb blue gill so i'm always looking to get out more often.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I'm also in Costa Mesa and have recently been getting into freshwater fishing after my salt water buddy moved away a couple of years ago.

If you ever want to hit a local lake or need 1 to pitch in for gas let me know. I've been fishing several times in the last 2 months and my best is a 2lb blue gill so i'm always looking to get out more often.
    Opposite here, I want to try saltwater fishing. I have been fishing several times as well. 2 weeks ago I went on a 4 day trip and caught perch, trout, catfish, crappie and coho salmon in those 4 days. Over the weekend I caught a nice Striper for my first time. I use to fish for Blue gill quite a bit in Idaho. I really want to catch some tuna or calico. We will have to hook up and fish sometime for sure!

RL

hit dana point for calicos water temp is just right lots of kelp there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast