Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Santa Rosalia, Baja Sur, Mexico to San Marcos Isand and Tortuga Island

Default Santa Rosalia, Baja Sur, Mexico to San Marcos Isand and Tortuga Island

Took a trip with Hinkley Sportfishing again to Santa Rosalia from June 19 to June 30.
    We made daily runs from Santa Rosalia to San Marcos Island and sometimes out to Tortuga Island. We did some trolling and a lot of looking for action. Some days we fell right into it and others we worked hard all day and then had it bust wide open on Dorado right at sundown. Water temps were just above 80 in most places. We didnt spend much time hunting down the Yellowtail this time. I did manage to get a few drops on the 110 and scored one nice yellow just before sundown on our last day out. My friend Dave caught his first Marlin. I missed my opportunity when that tricky dog got around and cut off on the prop. No biggie, we were only going to take one for the boat anyway. The Dorado fishing was crazy at times. Pulled up on a paddy and there were hundreds from 40 lbs down. The captains son (10 yrs old) pulled in a bull that was at the upper end of that scale. A real beauty. My son (9) caught his first squid.
    Here are a few pics of our adventure.
    Mojave River Angler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave's Marlin.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	31685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tim's Squid.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	31686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YellowtailJune2011.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	31687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BendoYellow.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	31688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cory's Dorado.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	31689  

Nice bull Dorado. I haven't fished Dorado in close to 15 years, gotta get down there again for the fun and good eating.

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.