Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stiper Boils

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    When im the water and i see boils im not shooting video ,dude im killing stripers with my topwater ****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Lol, exactly T/O.

My partner and I were out on a Tuesday last fall fishing for LMB's along the northeast shore heading towards the east dam at DVL, we were roughly 20 yards off shore when we heard what sounded like a roar of splashing water, we turned around and no s**t, a boil that stretched halfway across the lake and 1/4+ mile from the dam outwards. It was insane, it lasted a good 25 minutes. I had a rod on the deck with a big hammer on it and quickly grabbed it and began throwing it as fast as I could, it had a 6.4 retrieve and I reeled as fast as I could. Absolutely slammed them. We caught 40+ fish between the 2 of us keeping the limits and throwing the rest back. The last thing I would even have thought about was grabbing a vid cam. Was having more fun than should be allowed lol...

I think the Shad either had a late spawn or something becuase they are really small. I havent been on that lake daily or anything but when I have gone i havent seen any good size shad. The fish are down there chasing and eating. but the top water bite just hasnt really turned on yet. I caught one fish who spit up a shad and it was super small

I would have to agree. Lol
    the marina is closed to boat fishing. I had the opportunity to video the boil in the non fishing zone.
    Last edited by 30lber; 07-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123