Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOL@SARL & CORONA piggy bank 1$ special

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Thanks for your post Nachofish. Sarl & Corna has done so much for Team 57 . They do not deserve to be bashed for this at all . Some people are just something else is all I can say .
    When does having a discourse regarding a marketing practice become bashing?

Because SARL and Corona have been good partners to FNN and have done so much does that mean we cannot question buisness practices when it comes to them?

Exactly seal.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NachoFish View Post
    Wow guys, you are completely missing the boat on this one!! I’m not quite sure where all of this misinformation is coming from, but I’m seeing a bunch of ill-gotten facts about a promotion being ran by a company that has been a wonderful and long-time supporter of this website, has donated more than you could ever dream of for the Team 57 events, and has given more for our various charity drives than they would ever allow me to mention, so let’s clear the air right here:

The intention of getting SILVER coins is mentioned in the FIRST SENTENCE of the introduction paragraph above the flyer, so no hidden agenda there!! Guys, all you have to do is read the very first line to see that they are looking for SILVER! To quote: A lot of people have a junk drawer or a piggy bank that probably has several old silver coins in them... It’s completely inappropriate to misstate this promotion as being deceptive in any way as the reason why they are wanting the pre-1964 coins is laid out for you right up front. Additionally, I am very surprised that many on this thread apparently did not know that older coins had some silver in them, I thought that was something most everybody knew, but I guess not.

Nobody is getting ripped off here! As someone stated, in the very best of circumstances (which RARELY, if EVER, happens), you could HOPE to get about the normal cost of entry to the Lakes for your coins!!! If you doubt that, take your 4 quarters to your nearest coin shop and ask them for 22 times their face value and see how that works out for you. Or try selling them on Ebay, paying the listing fees, shipping them, and everything else that comes with selling and see how that works out as well. Or would you rather take them to the lakes, get 22 times their face value for them and enjoy a fun day out fishing? That seems pretty obvious to me! I heard about this promotion and thought it was a cool and fun way to get out fishing by using money that is being accepted at far beyond face value that would have likely just stayed sitting in the cracks of couches or at the bottom of junk drawers. What other business, other than a coin shop, has ever offered to take old silver coins for way more than their face value? None that I know of.

Nobody is twisting your arm to take advantage of this promotion!! If you want to keep your coins, keep them. But if you are like most people who have a few laying around the house, I think the idea of trading in some worn out silver coins to go fishing is not a bad idea. BTW, apparently the customers at the lakes like the idea, because quite few have taken advantage of it already.

If I’ve learned anything over the years working with the SARL/Corona Lake management, it’s that they are constantly coming up with new and fun promotions so that you guys can get out there and get fishing. I also know that if there is EVER a question, they are always happy to clear up anything you need to know. All you’ve got to do is send them an email and ask. What has been said by others here is really not fair. There is no misrepresentation and no hidden agendas here. It’s all spelled out for you on their website, all you have to do is read the promotion. There, I have said my peace and it needed to be said.

Nachofish
    You can always get spot or above spot price on ebay or just about spot at comex most pre 1964 coins are going above spot on ebay and and silver is at 38.09 spot price and projected to pass 50.00 spot price by the end of the year. Gold spot price hit its highest ever today at 1587.07 and most people who know about gold and silver know price will just keep going up. Also pre 1964 silver coins don't just have some silver they have quite a bit at 90% silver and silver is measured in troy ounces 1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams here is link of active listing http://cgi.ebay.com/4-WASHINGTON-QUA...item3cb9d91f6a and a link to the most recent 4 quarters that sold at $29.00 and $2.50 shipping. hold on to your coins people save them for your kids or sell them at about $50 spot and go fishing two times on what you make on them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Four-Silver-Wash...item19c6ed4f4c
    Last edited by Fishzilla; 07-13-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: had add link

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    When does having a discourse regarding a marketing practice become bashing?

Because SARL and Corona have been good partners to FNN and have done so much does that mean we cannot question buisness practices when it comes to them?
    Yup yup you got it

Wouldn't it be a better idea if sarl/corona offered 9.99 fishing on friday nights again as they did 2 or 3 years ago? Now thats a promo! I don't know about you guys but I don't have any silver coins. I'm just saying a promo usually benefits its customers in appreciation for our business, not just the lucky ones with silver coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Thanks for your post Nachofish. Sarl & Corna has done so much for Team 57 . They do not deserve to be bashed for this at all . Some people are just something else is all I can say .
    Nice job fanning the flames with that raunchy fart... I dont blame you for defending SARL, because I enjoy that lake myself.. However, you're acting like a total sycophant, and that's pretty lame...

You will never grow by ignoring critique!

I think it is unethical is all...or if that's too strong shady.. Even if you have one silver quarter or dime save it and add to it .. Fill you're PIGGY BANK not a stranger's .. Nacho and 57 never try to spin your own version of the truth to make the problem not look as bad as it really is. This will only damage your reputation in the long run.
    Last edited by pelon951; 07-13-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus14 View Post
    Wouldn't it be a better idea if sarl/corona offered 9.99 fishing on friday nights again as they did 2 or 3 years ago? Now thats a promo! I don't know about you guys but I don't have any silver coins. I'm just saying a promo usually benefits its customers in appreciation for our business, not just the lucky ones with silver coins.
    That's what I'm saying! When they did this, I was there every friday, getting those late-season kitties!

I dont want to say this is a scam, but it does seem a little bit on the shady end of the pool if you ask me. But thats just from what ive heard even taking nachofish comment into consideration. Is there anywhere where i can read up on this promotion, maybe the official site. Ill check there and give a thought.

Ok just read it and ya it seems a little shady or a lot shady depending on your view. I say only a little bit because its not like you have to go to that lake, but, I dont know it seems like a, dang cant think of the word for it right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast