Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona 24 hour session 7/8/11-7/9/11

Default Corona 24 hour session 7/8/11-7/9/11

Went to corona yesterday in the afternoon for the 24 hour session with my gf. Got there at exactly 5pm. Got in, rented a boat and went to the spot. Got our first fish by 5:30pm, knew it was going to be a good day . Got 2 more within the next half hour. We had 10 fish before 10pm. Got our limits by 10:40pm. Some guy and his family were on a boat a few feet away from us and they were asking what were we using and all these questions. They weren't really catching any, so when we got our limit, we gave them to him. We got a total of 27 cats. kept our 15 fish and gave the rest to the family. They were doing the 24 hour session too. It was a good day. OHH and i got a big bite and pulled it, started fighting like if it was a big cat, i thought it would be, but then a lg bass popped up. Seriously, had to be at least 10 pounds. I have pix, but don't know how to upload them on here. If someone can help me, i'll post them up. By the way, my gf is getting better and better at netting the fish, even though she couldn't carry that big bass lol... And the bass was released after the pix.

Thanks

Last edited by catfish 17; 07-11-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish 17 View Post
    Went to corona yesterday in the afternoon for the 24 hour session with my gf. Got there at exactly 5pm. Got in, rented a boat and went to the spot. Got our first fish by 5:30pm, knew it was going to be a good day . Got 2 more within the next half hour. We had 10 fish before 10pm. Got our limits by 10:40pm. Some guy and his family were on a boat a few feet away from us and they were asking what were we using and all these questions. They weren't really catching any, so when we got our limit, we gave them to him. We got a total of 27 cats. kept our 15 fish and gave the rest to the family. They were doing the 24 hour session too. It was a good day. OHH and i got a big bite and pulled it, started fighting like if it was a big cat, i thought it would be, but then a lg bass popped up. Seriously, had to be at least 10 pounds. I have pix, but don't know how to upload them on here. If someone can help me, i'll post them up. By the way, my gf is getting better and better at netting the fish, even though she couldn't carry that big bass lol... And the bass was released after the pix.

Thanks
    great job out there...what did you use for bait....what time did they start bitting?

pics or it didnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    great job out there...what did you use for bait....what time did they start bitting?
    Shrimp and nightcrawlers with some scent. They bit since I got there lol, the bite got better as soon as it got dark.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    pics or it didnt happen
    Trust me, I know it happened so I ain't got nothing to worry about. I did take pix of the bass but can't put it up here. Can't find how to do it.

we want pics of the cats. i checked fishing web cam and didnt c any new pics
    Last edited by mjc89; 07-09-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish 17 View Post
    Shrimp and nightcrawlers with some scent. They bit since I got there lol, the bite got better as soon as it got dark.
    i know you have been doing your homework....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    i know you have been doing your homework....lol
    lol y is that?

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    we want pics of the cats. i checked fishing web cam and didnt c any new pics
    we left home at 4am... didn't see the point of sleeping there if we had all of our fish. So i don't think that they take pics at that time. But like i said, i wouldn't lie about fish. haha that will just be dum...

ya that wood b dumb. thats y wen i post i put pictures to prove that im not lying

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast