Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 7/7/2011 Shore Report

Default 7/7/2011 Shore Report

Haven't been out to the Jewel in a month or two so I wanted to see if the shad bite was in full swing. I was 8th car in line and the gates promptly opened at 540 am. Felt bad for the guy first in line at the gate that needed a jump...lol. Everyone just went blowing by him.

I just wanted to fish a few hours before the sun overwhelmed me. Fished the first point and cove looking down from the marina to the right. This is the first time I've shore fished....kinda fun actually. I normally do the Bass Taxi on the rentals but all my friends were tied up and I had the bug. Got the new Punker in the mail yesterday and I wanted to dial it in.

Too make a long story short, saw a few fish busting shad in the cove. Started chucking the Punker all over the place for nada. Then a small hook up on the Plunker. An LMB the size of the Plunker. I think he wanted to play. Thought I saw a small striper boil out by the buoy line about 400 yards out that lasted about 30 seconds. Obviously couldn't cast anywhere near it. Threw the Punker until about 9am...then switched over to my shad reps. No takers on my secret shad baits.....lots of followers though. Switched to the nail rig and started hammering them. Biggest was 3 pounds......lost about a 4 pounder in the weeds. Really tough to fish light gear from the shore over there. The bigger ones head straight for the weeds when you hook set. Caught 7 more on the nail rig. Oh well it was fun.

Saw a few asian guys running around with dip nets. I did see a few schools of shad cruising around and the fish are def feeding on them.....just not wide open yet. I kept watching them swing the nets into the water.......I think they picked up a few here and there. Didn't see them catch anything with the bait though.

You guys that shore fish.........PM me will ya and give me the 411 on where to go. I think I should have went to the left.....but I didn't want to walk for miles. I only live 15 minutes from the lake so I'm going to shore it more often until my wife lets me buy my boat. Thanks for reading and here's a few pictures....................

What the hell is this?

Until next time...thanks for reading!

Some is better than none...I saw that lure today @ longfin it might be time to get one of those...I'm one of those boring worm guys..lol..not by choice..

Worms are def the way to go to be consistent with the occasional big fish.

What size is that punker bro?

9 inch wood...I only throw the big ones....

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePig View Post
    9 inch wood...I only throw the big ones....
    Freud would find that interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Freud would find that interesting....
    LMAO! Indeed. But watch out, someone will say you're "jacking" this thread. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    LMAO! Indeed. But watch out, someone will say you're "jacking" this thread. Lol...
    LOL... Good times on FNN this week!

Cool pics, I absolutely love this lake. A challenge it is indeed. Seasonal patterns matter. Find the shad, you will find the fatties. Match the hatch or dance with robo's...

Hey AP - sent you a reply PM - B2Y