Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pyramid lake info... Where is "The Channel"

Default Pyramid lake info... Where is "The Channel"

Been reading a lot of good reports about "the channel" area for shore fishing. Can anyone chime in on where this spot is located? I can't seem to find any info on
    that location.

I guess what i need to know is which off-ramp do i take, how far of a hike, what to expect? I've got a few days off soon and wanted to take my 7yr old fishing. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

There is only one channel at Pyramid lake. The main lake. Wen you arrive to the gate to pay to enter it is on your right hand side where the picnic benches are. My favorite lake and spot...

The lake is extremely limited in shore fishing and it's like 1 of the 2 places you can only really shore fish. When in doubt just actually go to the lake yourself and ask the front gate when you enter. They'd be more than happy to direct you there.

exactly what hunter andy said. Its no hike the parking lot is actually like right by it. The channel is like half the lake.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

The lake isnt limted to shore fishing.The channel might be.But u can shore fish from the main entrance,allllllll
    the way around to the swim beach.And depending how high the water is,a lil futher than that.Plus u can exit
    vista largo and can fish all down there.The channel is ok to fish.I like fishing the rocks cuss there's shade
    and more fish to catch.The only fish I havent seen crusing the shore by the rocks is carp.I catch trout,cats,panfish,
    and stripers there.But the channel is defin the easiest way to go,but limited to shade.

i got off on that exit once and went to the visitors center and they told me that we couodnt fish from there.that i had to go to the smokey the bear exit and fish from the emigrant landing area.is that true?