Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: BassPro Catfish

Default BassPro Catfish

I’m not very good at cooking, so it is important for me to keep recipes simple so I don’t screw them up. They don’t get any easier than this and yet, it makes for some pretty tasty fish.

+ =

Ingredients:

Catfish
    Butter
    Bass Pro’s Uncle Buck’s Fish Batter
    Lemon

Warm up a frying pan and put enough butter in to completely cover the bottom of the pan.

Squeeze some lemon juice on the fish and then dip both sides of the filet in the butter in the pan, completely coating both sides.

Pour some Uncle Buck’s Fish Batter onto a plate and then dip the filets into it, completely covering both sides.

Fry the filet on medium heat for about eight minutes per side (until completely cooked).

I ate one filet by itself and it was very good. The second filet ended up in a corn tortilla with some cabbage, pico de gallo, and a little Tabasco … even better.

The Uncle Buck’s Fish Batter comes from Bass Pro and has a little kick to it, but it is good stuff.

I ordered a can of this batter mix at BPS online a little while back & it is very good. I think you can get them in regular or spicy.

Thanks for the recipe!

I haven't had Catfish in a while. Cool! Now I know how to cook it.

Fisher-of-Men

Sure looks tasty !!!! :eyepop:

Thanks for the post !!

Troutman65

that stuff is great on sand bass too ... i havent tried the spicy yet but i will after this weekend :lol:

Is there a low fat version without all the butter and oil?