Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Shore Slay 7/1

I bring 2 med action spinning rods, a 6 1/2 and a 7 ft both rigged w/ 6lb test. I can still cast it a decent ways and I'm using 3/8 oz egg sinkers max. Definitely not halfway into the channel like the others with their surf/pier gear but far enough. The wind was blowing pretty strong for most of the afternoon which did make it harder to cast.

I've learned from other members on fnn that even moving a few feet can make a huge difference so keep trying different spots if you aren't getting bit after some time. Just cuz I nailed a bunch of cats last Friday in a particular spot in the channel doesn't mean they'll be in the same exact spot another day so just keep looking til you locate a decent sized school. Shore fishing + no fish finder is soooo hit or miss.

I would be willing to bet that there are still a decent amount of cats in the channel still though. I fish out of the channel mainly and hit alot of cats there. almost every trip.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

where is the channel, im confused. is it the part where u enter and the aquaduct water spills in?

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I would be willing to bet that there are still a decent amount of cats in the channel still though. I fish out of the channel mainly and hit alot of cats there. almost every trip.
    No doubt there's always fish in the channel, I was just referring to the specific spot in the channel where we found the school of cats.

Nice haul! Thanks for the report! :)

That's a lot of fried kittys! Congrats on finding the hot spot, shore fishing at Pyramid can be pretty tough.

Thanks for the report.

Good Job Andre, keep it up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12