Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nph 06.26.11

Default Nph 06.26.11

I was supposed to pick up my buddy at 430am for some float tubing but woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. Decided to wake my buddy up and he was game. Got to the the harbor launch site at around 430. It gave us plenty of time to set up and hang around to wait for the sun to wake up. As soon as the sun was up we were in the water.

While in the water we realized that the harbor seemed extra quiet and empty. A lot of the boats that park in the middle were gone. Not too much boat traffic and the current was ripping.

We had a plan to hit a certain area first but that was quickly changed as a kayaker told us that's where he likes to catch sharks and we didn't want to be shark bait . We headed out to a different area and I make my first cast to a pylon. I instantly get hit on the fall (but i farmed it ). I cast out again and this time I was ready. It hit like a freight train and turned out to be a 14" spottie.

We cruise over to a different area and start working the boat docks. Wasn't getting bit but I had a good feeling about a boat slip that kept calling my name. I cast into it for nothing. Since I had a good feeling, I cast a few more times and get hit by a 15" sandie. It felt great pulling in salt water bass on my new down wrapped rod that I initially had made for freshwater.

My 3rd and last fish was a spottie that came while casting at a buoy. This one was the fattest of them all. Didn't get a chance to measure him but he put up a great fight. I would have had way more fish but they seemed to be tail grabbing more than anything.

At around 1030am my buddy caught a legal hali and he put it on a stringer. Since we were in float tubes we didn't feel to safe dragging around shark / seal bait for the rest of the day. We called it a day and it seemed to be a good call since the clouds parted and the sun started to come out in full force.
    Last edited by .:LOLLY:.; 06-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.