Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Striper Skunk/blue gill fun!! 6/25

Default Castaic Striper Skunk/blue gill fun!! 6/25

Got to the Lake a little later than I wanted, it was about 9am. Hung out a C-point with no luck. Decided to pull up and make the run to the line, but when I got there the intended point I wanted was taken up by 5 others, so, I drop just south of where I wanted. After about an hour of nothing. Little daughter was bored and wife was frustrated with the Striper no action. So, we pulled out the ultra lite poles and meal warms and made a run in search of some BG's. We ended the day about 5 pm with no more meal worms, it was a 100 count box...we hit 4 different coves in the fish arm and cought about 40-50 BG's mostly not worth mentioning, but it was fun and my daughter had a blast with her Barbie pole(pic below). We did manage to pull our 14 that were big enough to take home..so not all lost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ang.jgp.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	31378

Too bad about the stripers, but at least the bluegills kept you busy. Are the fish still holding deep? Looks like your daughter was proud of the one in the pic.

KF

As far the Striper's I am not sure, I am a rookie when it comes to them. But, I have been hearing they are anywhere from 100 to 40 ft deep. But, I am not giving up on them..lol
    My daughter had lots of fun, it's kinda hard to bait and wait and wait and wait somemore when you not getting any bites on the Stiper's, But the BG's are always a fun thing for the kids.

That's what I've been hearing also, between 100 and 40 feet...persistence is the key though, good luck

KF