Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Lake Spotted Bass 6/21/11

Default City Lake Spotted Bass 6/21/11

I stopped by the local lake after work Tuesday and tried by luck for a couple of hours and managed to hook into a nice spotted bass. I thought it was a pretty bass with dark coloration so decided to share a couple of pics. Used 4 1/2" curly tail roboworm split shot rigged. May not look it but felt like 4lb+.

Last edited by stressD; 06-25-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Nice Job! Any pics?

sorry had the album set on private view.

I don't think it's a Spotty. It just seems like a very heavily colored LMB, but in any case it's still a nice fish.

i'm no expert but this bass had a small mouth so i thought it was a spotted. maybe i was wrong.

Did you happen to notice if it had sharp little teeth on it's tongue? If it did it was a Spotted Bass or a Spotted/Largemouth hybrid. It does have a rather small mouth. You probably don't want to say, what lake/park was it caught from?

Yes, that is a nice pretty looking fish. It does resemble a spotted bass, but could be a pig largemouth with overgrown body and small head ( and heavy markings ).

If it 's a spotted bass then that would be the catch of a lifetime at a park lake. Nice fish regardless.

BTW, digging that beautiful Pflueger. Thought I was the only one considering buying it.
    Last edited by Vman; 06-26-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Its a LMB..

Super nice catch bro

For future reference, when its mouth is closed the lip will extend past the eye on lmb. Will not reach the eye on a spot

didn't get a picture with it's mouth closed but the mouth did not extend beyond the eye, if i'm remembering correctly. after posting this thread i did some research online and this bass definitely has some characteristics of a spotted. the smaller scaling in the head area around the gills and eyes, the spotting, and small mouth. Unfortunately i didn't get a good look at the tongues to see if it had a tooth patch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast