Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: fish tacos

Default fish tacos

Here's a recipe I found looking for fish taco recipes. It's really healthy and, believe it or not, really tasty! Its from the website thedevilwearsparsley.com

Titillating Tilapia Tacos

1 lb. Tilapia Fillets
    1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
    12 Corn Tortillas
    1 Small Red Onion, diced
    1 Medium Tomato, diced
    1 Jalapeño, finely diced
    2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
    Juice of 1 Lime
    ¼ tsp. Cumin
    ¼ tsp. Coriander
    ¼ tsp. Chili Powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    ¼ head of Green Cabbage, sliced
    ½ C. Plain Greek Yogurt
    ½ C. Light Sour Cream
    4 oz. Cotija Cheese, crumbled

Combine onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, lime, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Taste, and adjust seasoning. This should be strongly flavored, as we’re not going to do much to the tilapia fillets. Add cabbage to salsa mixture, cover, and refrigerate. Combine yogurt and sour cream in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add in olive oil. Season the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper, and add to pan, cooking until done, about 3 minutes for each side. Place tortillas in a warm towel and microwave for one minute. Flake the tilapia fillets, and add 1/3 of each fillet to a tortilla, top with salsa/cabbage mixture, cream sauce, and cotija cheese. Serve with lime wedges, and enjoy!

http://www.thedevilwearsparsley.com/...tilapia-tacos/

This sounds amazing. I like the idea of Greek Yogurt- it has less fat and more protein than sour cream. Gonna plan on making it this week. Thanks for sharing.

If your looking to make life simple and hassle free or just want to have something in the pantry and ready when you need it, Pick up some of this.

Most of my friends would agree that I can be a fish taco snob. Sad but true. I had my first fish taco in Baja 30+ years ago long before they ever were popular here.

How in the world they became the fish tacos everyone eats in the USA is beyond me. I have only found 2 places where they were OK to Good here. Give me an old school fish taco off a cart or shop in Mexico any day over the BS we find in some very well know restaurants that have become locally famous in So Cal. for there fish tacos.

Dan has hit a home run with his pre-mix ready to go at anytime. Danhernandezfoods.com Only a couple bucks and I think you can get a Turners as well

The thing is how to construct a great fish taco.
    Number 1, use a good fish. Like Ling Cod, White Sea Bass of some other firm white flaky meat. No Tuna or any oily kind of fish. No Shark. Stick to the Basics
    Number 2, finely chopped Cabbage. But don't over do it.
    Number 3, a small bit of cheese. Jack/Cheddar
    Number 4 a good squirt of Lemon or Lime. Have extra on the side
    Number 5 and one of the most important. Use Corn tortillas. Not the yellow corn ones, the white colored corn tortillas. Never just warm them up or steam em. They must be cooked in oil till they bubble up some but not so much they get hard. Place em between paper towel to catch excess oil and your ready to go.
    And whatever you do, DON"T put any sort of White sauce on em. If you use a good fish why would you destroy it with that crap.
    Build yourself 2 or 3 medium size tacos grab a cold beer and enjoy. Even better find some good Mexican music on the radio and before you know it you will have gone back in time to when my favorite place was on the beaches of Mexico. Miss that place.
    Enjoy adios