Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

Default Testing 7/1/11

TESTING..TESTING..1,2.. 7/1/11

Snuck out for a solo mission on Friday to test out some new gear and SWAT apparel. Sometime last week, I walked into Turner's and picked up a new Skeete Reese Tessera casting rod. I was actually looking for a discounted Crucial or Clarus, but I guess all the Shimano rods are red hot right now and couldn't find one with the right specs.

Turner's also had the Skeete rods on sale. It had all the specs I was looking for and the obnoxious yellow coloring was an added bonus. I paired it up with a Daiwa Coastal I picked up from ebay, which I rebuilt with some new carbontex drag washers.

Well after 4 hours of fishing and getting rolled TWICE , I caught some fish on my new rod and the reel performed flawlessly after being dunked a few times. The only test that remains for my new gear is catching a legal flattie.

The only thing that failed today was my waders. I was pulling in a sandie to shore when I slipped on a mossy rock and bashed my knee on a boulder. When I waded back out to fish, I felt the cold water rushing into a hole where I just bashed my knee. Not fun at all.

Here's a few pics.

My very first surf calico. Also caught a queen fish before this. (Not Pictured)

Thought this fish was a monster calico, but all he did was turd roll himself into some rocks.

The biggest shortie today. 20 inches

My new surf setup.

Tight Lines
    Jason
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 07-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.

nice job on your 1st surf calico! not too shabby for a quick solo mission. sucks about bashing your knee and ripping your waders though. i was wondering why you were soaked from the CHEST DOWN instead of chest up when you got home. it's ok... it's a good excuse to buy new waders. i like your new yellow rod... do they have it in pink? hehehehe. let's see how it stands up to a 30 incher!

Jaysuun,

I thought i was looking through a biology book with all those different species. NICE!! Id say you broke in that rod preety well!

<><
    KP

Nice new set-up Jason.

Bummer about the waders, but nothing a basic waders patch kit can't take care of.

You did better than I did on Saturday.
    Sorry again for us playing that trick on you & Tess on Saturday. John (Klocked) and Frank (iLLest) got the same treatment.

I can barely make out the writing on the bottom of this LC. lol
    Looks like it came from the S.W.A.T. armory.

Jaysuuun-

Incredible fish and nice new setup! Talk about a great way to break it in. Love those Daiwa's.

Default Quick question

Wow, great read. Just chanced on this thread as I normally do not read the salt water threads as I'm inland...:)

Question:
    1. What lb test line do you all generally for this type of surf fishing?
    2. What length rod?
    3. What's the weight of those lures?

Thanks,
    UL

What a great report you guys. I've only fished that spot once now and the conditions were nothing like the calm day I see in this report. Sooner or later I'm going to hit that spot when it's ON !
    A great day had by all for sure and Arthur....... Your Midas touch is simply amazing bro.
    I think you need to touch my rod next time

P.S.
    Sorry for the late response. My IT guy has not been able to fix my pc....LOL

You all are killing me with these multiple reports hidden within the report!

Congrats to the first "Swat Couple" in their new sucessful adventures!

Some impressive fish and always enjoy the bantering! HA HA! well running out of cartoons!

Great job out there and look forward to hitting the waters with ya soon!

Steve

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456