Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

Fooled me too. Covina. Rare catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Does that include the Salton Sea? JK I am not sure there's any left
    Last reports of Covina in the Sea was in the 90's,
    They used to slay 20 lbers down there.
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 06-28-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Fooled me too. Covina. Rare catch.

Last reports of Covina in the Sea was in the 90's,
    They used to slay 20 lbers down there.
    DR
    Yea DR, I used to live out that way and we would catch em now and then. Its to bad the water is the way it is. I saw a lot of 20+ pounders come out of there.

im glad i was able to help identify the fish and add another species to your surf fishing list....

coolest fish ive caught on a LC was a mullet! haha try and do that its pretty tough

I'm way late on a response to this one..out of town..work..blah.

It was a great day. Lots of fun and great company. I had planned on beating everyone there that morning and was on track to do just that until I locked my keys in my truck while it was running before I left the house!!!! But thanks to a misled youth I was able to get it unlocked and was on my way ;) I did a superman style change over and was out of my truck and in the water in about two minutes...got there just in time to hook up to what I thought was going to be a good but...then thought it was a shark..then saw it and thought it was a waste of time...jk jk...i fight all fish equally ;)

Crazy about the Corvina...I didn't take a look at it after Tess landed it but Aurthor went and took some pics and came over to fish next to me and told me that it looked different and he wasn't sure it was a WSB...turned out to be a better catch. I'm even more jealous now!!
    I haven't had the best of luck hooking up on butts the last few trips but, it's all good..I am happy that everyone got the ones they did...including Aurthors monster....that thing was fat!!!
    Wish I could have stayed longer but work was calling....back to reality!

Tess and Jason
    It was good meeting and fishing with you guys. I had no idea that it was you too in the parking lot or I would of at least said hi before I ran down to get the head start ;) didn't help much...you guys killed it!!! Glad you guys made it down and hope to do it again soon...I will def let you know if it gets hot again and hope you guys will do the same!!

Robert,

I need AAA or a new spare key....that was some frustrating BS!! Especially at 0415 in the morning and it being dark. Good fishing with you as always and looking forward to the next time. You were charging hard that morning...I had to squint to see you at times you got so far ahead...but it all worked out in the end. I totally thought you were joking around about the fish taking off until Tess pulled it up...crazy!!!

Aurthor,

I am going to go ahead and agree with you now...you have awesome luck!! Come with me to get some lotto tickets!!! HAHA!! You are the man. Three in a row again!!?? Unheard of!! Sorry about the rod...that sucks!!! That 30 incher was a monster!!! It was fat!! I think I am going to invest in some 130's ;) let's do this again soon...I'm down for a drive...

Thanks again to all who were there for coming, it was one of the funnest trips I've been on in awhile...lots of hook up and lots of high fives....until next time...

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by justin oceanside View Post
    Crazy about the Corvina...I didn't take a look at it after Tess landed it but Aurthor went and took some pics and came over to fish next to me and told me that it looked different and he wasn't sure it was a WSB...turned out to be a better catch. I'm even more jealous now!!
    Jealous no more! Justin, Congrats on your first Corvina!

A Dental check confirms positive ID... fangs = Corvina!

Arthur didn't you have a bounty out for the next Corvina caught ?

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Arthur didn't you have a bounty out for the next Corvina caught ?
    Absolutely, three LC's for the next S.W.A.T. member who catches a Corvina. Justin is not a S.W.A.T. member... yet.

Justin, congrats on the Corvina. Looks like it's the hot new target species right now. I see your throwing out the 130. I need to pick me up a couple of those. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Justin, congrats on the Corvina. Looks like it's the hot new target species right now. I see your throwing out the 130. I need to pick me up a couple of those. Nice.
    Justin was throwing a FM 110 in the Metallic Horse Mackerel pattern.

I lost three FM 130MR's in the last two days in the surf.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Justin was throwing a FM 110 in the Metallic Horse Mackerel pattern.

I lost three FM 130MR's in the last two days in the surf.
    Oops.. I was looking at the first pic and only saw two trebles. I just noticed the middle treble in the last pic just now when you mentioned it. Sorry to hear about the lost 130's. That sucks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast