Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    I'm glad that Jason didn't ask Arthur to touch HIS rod too.
    Just joking Art, don't send the Team 6 assassins after me.
    SWAT Rule #1
    Under no circumstances is a MALE SWAT member allowed to touch another MALE members rod!

BB, I'd rather wear the skunk before asking anyone to touch my "rod". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post

Jason, you are a very lucky man to have your significant other share a mutual interest. I don't consider going shopping with my wife quality time. But what you guys are doing together out there are truly treasured moments. You better put a ring on it soon Jason, if you haven't already done so buddy.
    Thanks blackwater. I'm very lucky to have a girl that enjoys fishing just as much as I do. Don't get me wrong she's still a girly girl at heart and still loves to shop. Oh, and I'm working on that ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

Jason, for the first time, you didn't let Tess fish ahead of you very much today. The funniest moment came when Tess crossed your line and was pulling on it... I watched as you did the phantom hookset and yelled fish on! The look on your face when you realized she crossed your line was priceless. Had me rolling in the surf laughing. Gotcha!
    I guess we can call it a tie today between you two to keep the peace. At least until the next session.
    Yo Arthur, I thought for sure I was on that 4th legal we were searching so hard for! What a let down!

I wish I could say it was a tie, but she pulled another quality fish from the surf and she deserves her victory. There are no haters in SWAT.

Sorry about your rod. That sucks! So is that covered under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Jason, I didn't know you hooked 3 hali's, I was so far ahead of you guys I didn't notice.
    It was nice having breakfast with you and Tess. I almost fell asleep on the way home...

<><
    Bro you just breezed on through the sweet spot! You definitely were on a mission that morning and I'm glad you finally hooked into one. And it was legal! WTG

We're buying lunch/breakfast the next time we see you. For REAL this time!

Damn I love reading these threads. Great work guys! (And gals of course!!)

Another great S.W.A.T. "Target Assassination" Mission!!
    Tess, great job on the WSB from the surf!
    Good job on the legal flatty Roberto!
    As usual Arthur!! whats the count now.... 20something legals from the surf this year so far?

You all did great out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    As usual Arthur!! whats the count now.... 20something legals from the surf this year so far?

Hey John,
    That's funny you asked.
    We talked about that and he has 15 legal butts this year and 1 legal WSB...
    He is the, "FISH TERMINATOR"....
    He'll Be Bock

Robert
    <><

Wow, thanks everyone for all your kind words. It was truly an amazing morning with most fish caught within a 30-40 minute window. Awesome! We all had such a great day of fishing, but what makes it most memorable for me were the good laughs we were having and the crazy funny stories that came out of the trip. I love being out there with my new S.W.A.T. brothers and I look forward to many more days like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    First of all, I want to thank you guys for talking me into making the long drive back down to hit the surf again today. I'm sure glad that I did! Even if we set all the great catches aside, it was still a funfilled morning. What a great session and like yesterday, we wrapped it all up around nine o'clock.

I was completely content to fish behind everybody today. I had a pretty decent session the previous morning, so I wanted the rest of you guys to have the same success.
    Tess, it was fun bantering around with you in the surf this morning. You fish like a girl! A little friendly competition brings out the best in us all.
    It was nice of you to let Jason get out to an early lead and then turn on the afterburners to catch him. Congrats on that good looking White Sea Bass, now go get a legal one! I know it's just a matter of time.
    We're glad we were able to convince you to come down too! It definitely wouldn't have been the same without you. Heyyy I try my best to NOT fish like a girl, lol, but there's some truth to that because I can't stop my helpless shrieks when getting smashed by waves or stepping into a hole, or the fact that me and pliers don't work well together so I need someone to unhook my fish. But I'll work on the 2nd one... know where I can get some pink or purple pliers??

I didn't mind letting Jason lead this time... esp since I was winning 2 to 1. Just wanted to give him a chance to tie it up. But yes, we do make a great team... although it took everything in me to walk away from that good bite to snap a pic of his first hali.

That WSB was so much fun bringing in, I can't wait to hook into a legal one!

OUCH about your rod. It hurts me. Sorry to see that happened after our great morning.

I love love love your puggies and the hali mats!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Looks like Arthur's gonna win his LC's. Settin the bar a little higher each tme!
    That's exactly what I thought when he brought in that beast! Can't compete with the Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Tess, I thought I was on my road to victory. I was on a consistent bite of short butts and was getting the feeling that the next one was going to be the legal. Until of course I was unhooking another short butt and heard all the commotion of you hooking into something big.

No flatties today, but you were rewarded with a nice WSB instead. Nice job fighting the fish into submission and guiding her to shore. You handled it like a pro and you did great! I'm proud of you.
    Seriously, I thought you had me beat. Although we were both getting bit, you were pulling in the better quality fish and I was just waiting for your your next one to be legal. That OG Hunting Giants LC is a beast!! Or maybe Wingnut blessed it beforehand with his mystical powers like he did with my rod. Either way, it caught my PB hali, corbina, and WSB!!

Awwwwww you're proud of me??? I still feel like this thinking about the last one, I couldn't let it happen again. Thanks for the coaching... I think the trigger words are "calm down" so I can remember to take it easy cauz I just get too darn excited! You're the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Seriously, is that story of Wingnut touching your rod true??? That's kinda creepy.
    Tell me about it! But hey, I'm not complaining one bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Wow, SWAT keeps redefining the phrase "Epic". Just when you can't possibly think it can get any better, IT DOES.
    This is what I miss the most about fishing with the SWAT Crew. The Camaraderie, the friendship, the friendly ribbing, the good times. Throw in a few nice fish and you have pretty much a perfect day.

Tess, beautiful WSB, your smile just lights up the board and I'm sure we'll see much more of it as you continue to pull amazing fish out of the surf. Great story of Wingnut touching your rod. He does have the Midas touch and is the luckiest guy I've ever met.

Jason, you are a very lucky man to have your significant other share a mutual interest. I don't consider going shopping with my wife quality time. But what you guys are doing together out there are truly treasured moments. You better put a ring on it soon Jason, if you haven't already done so buddy.

Robert, you've been tearing it since the first time I met you at the Hunting Giants surf event in Malibu. A SWAT poster boy and a natural in the surf.
    But we don't release dead flatties buddy.
    Enjoy that nice Halibut, Arthur doesn't owe much of anything to anybody, but when he pays them back, it's always "with interest."

Arthur, now everybody have seen how hot Tess has been in the surf. But I noticed that you've been quietly on a tear yourself. If I follow your reports correctly, that's 6 legal Halibut in the last four surf sessions for you, amazing numbers. I think it's because you are so consistent with your performance week after week that it's become just the norm for the rest of us to see it. I couldn't think of anyone else I would rather have at my side going into surf combat. Just don't be touching my rod out there buddy.
    with everything you said! Especially the part about Jason putting a ring on it.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Tess, Tess, Tess!!!
    You said you would let me have the lead and what do you do!?
    You get there, take the lead and first cast you get nailed...
    Just kidding Tess, you can have the lead anytime you want. That was a beautiful WSB you got today...
    It was nice having breakfast with you and Tess. I almost fell asleep on the way home...
    I was so pumped when we got out there, with the 3 of you beating us to the surf and Justin already putting one up on the board, I was eager to get my line in the water. You know I was joking about the letting you lead thing... but after I caught that first one you were off and running! But you brought it with that legal, that was awesome... and delicious!!

Thanks again for breakfast... but it's really gonna be on us next time! And yipes... be careful with that drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    Fun fun fun just amazing so cool to see a lady in the surf ,wow if I could get my wife interested ...to bad halibuts don't give massages...she would be sure to come with me then...ummmmm halicabobs yeah
    OMG if halibuts gave massages I'd be fishing every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Tesserz, This is a truly awesome post!

The past few months I've been trying to get another phase of my house remodel promise completed so I can sneek down to one of the O.C. Beaches to put some of the tips two of the founding SWAT Leaders taught me and my Buddy Trolly to use..........I was close to packing up and going tomorrow but just one more day and I'll be able to get in the water.
    Your reports are so much fun to read.........almost as if I was there watching all of you enjoy the day in the surf.......Good People, Good Friends and just plain old Good Times!

I've been showing my wife your reports and how you and Jason have such a great time as the first SWAT Couple hinting to her that she might like to try it out........Well, we'll see

Congratulations on the WSB and keep the Fun and Positive reports coming!
    Thanks so much! Sounds like your remodel will be complete just in time for the hot summer bite. I try to make my reports fun and exciting because that's exactly how the trips go... always good times.

You should absolutely have your wife try it out! I understand that braving the cold, rough surf before dawn isn't every woman's dream of an enjoyable morning but maybe you could do what Jason did and start her off with something like perch. If she enjoys it then maybe she'll start wanting to try for bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    The attack on the enemy this week have been relentless.. Way to keep the pressure on them gusys. Also congradulations to Tess on yet another new personal best and the only WSB of the day.... Hope to fish with you all soon.
    Thanks Jerry. Robert and Arthur called it, I just happened to be the lucky one to hook into it.

Oo something that we forgot to mention... while me and Jason were retying (actually when Jason was retying and I was waiting to get my rod back ) I heard Arthur, Robert, and Justin hooting and hollering about something. None of them had a fish on so when I asked them about it later they said they saw a WSB cruising by in a trough right in front of them!! They all casted to it but it flipped them off and said, "not this time suckers!"

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Tess, you are one great addition to SWAT...not only do you fish your hali off, your posts are second to none, and you're even cuter than Wingnut!
    LOL thanks Sid! These guys make it easy for me to write reports like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla to all of you.

Translated;
    OMG do you guys ever sleep ? Fish Fish Fish that's all you do. JK

Tess that report will be very hard to beat. I hope the bite keeps up and we see more of it spread out if you know what I mean.

I guess my imagination is still stymied on how to say something clever about each one of you and the amazing slay fest. I'll just go with, I need to step up my game plan to compete.

to all.
    Hahah thanks Bill. You're right though... lately I feel like I've been doing a lot more fishing than sleeping. But days like this make it all worth it. And yes, I know exactly what you mean. And I hope so too... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Tess, gurrllll, what CANT you do? you definitely caught on to the surf game real quick. There's no stopping you...keep it up! I second the fact that your reports are top notch, almost as good as Wingnuts, almost. Congrats on the PB WSB.
    LOL thanks Frank! I've had good luck out there so far and I hope it keeps up all season long. Yes, Wingnut's reports are definitely the best out there. See how much stuff I missed in his follow-up post? So many good stories to tell, and all from different perspectives... I love reading everyone else's take on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post

Thanks John... it was great fun pulling a WSB out of the surf. I hope the next one will be as nice as yours!

that looks like a shortfin corvina to me, not a WSB

just guessing by the jaw, body, lack of stripes....

hard to tell sometimes though

nice fish!

and here is a corvina

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    that looks like a shortfin corvina to me, not a WSB

just guessing by the jaw, body, lack of stripes....

hard to tell sometimes though

nice fish!
    Interesting... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I looked up some Corvina pics and I'm thinking you might be right. Never caught one of those before and judging from the pics I saw, this is a pretty nice sized one.

If this is really a Corvina, even better, this will be my 1st ever!! Yayyyyy!!!!
    Last edited by Tesserz; 06-25-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesserz View Post
    Interesting... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I looked up some Corvina pics and I'm thinking you might be right. Never caught one of those before and judging from the pics I saw, this is a pretty nice sized one.

If this is really a Corvina, even better, this will be my 1st ever!! Yayyyyy!!!!
    I think Bishop may be right. I remember telling Justin afterwards that the WSB looked kinda funny. Doesn't have the bars and the typical yellow fins of a juvenile. I don't know if you or Jason noticed, but I remember seeing these fangs also.

Great job Tess, I'm sure a few others may have made the same ID mistake, but it's still a rare and stellar catch!

I want one of those now!

I gotta agree. Seabass of any size will flash black bars. Also, they usually have yellow in their fins. That is one silvery fish with a smaller head. Im gonna third the corvina vote. Monster corvina.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast