Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. "Iron Chef" Mission 6/22/11. Plus SEVEN BONUS Reports!

lol you would definitely have those doormats Arthur. Once again you never fail to have a great day fishing! I still haven't found time to fish yet but i just got a kayak for a early birthday present so as soon as i get back from the kern this weekend, you will definitely see a kayak report!! hopefully with some good catches!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

Update: Dinner pics!

Appetizer - Baked Butternut Squash stuffed with Halibut.

Flash broiled Halibut steaks in olive & sesame oil.

Bro, you're killing me with the food pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    You don't think that I would have them already Martin...? lol

I laugh my a** off everytime I see those two

Haha, even the pugs are Hali slayers.

Your racking up the flatties count there Art. Good to see your keeping a few.

Arthur and Justin..........Great job out there guys!

Reading this report confirms my feelings on why I like to fish. There are going to be days where it seems like you can do no wrong and there will be plenty of fish to be caught and you just can't miss. Then, there will be days where you ask yourself what in the heck am I doing wrong? are there any fish here?. Then there will be days when you hook into one that you know is going to be the "The One" but it just doesn't happen. Even though you suffer a little heartbreak the thrill of the hunt keeps you coming back.

Thanks for the report Arthur!

Great report, Arthur...Sure sorry Justin's losses were part of the drama...Every fisherman empathizes since we've ALL been there. I lost Moby Striper, in much the same fashion, up in Frisco Bay, 40 years ago....I still wince when I think about it...Well, I better finish off this beer before it gets any saltier...

Oh man, I've been there done that many times Justin. Sorry to hear of the heartbreak but as long as you learn something from it, it's not a complete loss.

Nice talking to you on your drive back from the surf Art. We're really going to miss your weekly reports after July. But hey, business before pleasure and one report a month is better than no reports at all.

Congrats on an excellent session gentlemen!

Congrats and good job guys! Way to stick it to em out there!

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    That was a great trip I've been showing everybody at work those halicabobs ..everyone loves the way it looks..so all day sat I frankenstiened my lcs so look forward to a report this weekend ...I love fishing
    I've been reminiscing about those kabobs myself... time to make some more!

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Yeah Buddy!! Rub it in!!
    Oh how I wished I could of been there!!
    Good job you guys!

Justin, your time for a really fantastic fish is coming soon, reeeel sooon!!!
    You have an awesome fishery down there!

Arthur, nothing stops you brotha!! NOTHING!!! Way to go!!
    Wish you were there bro... it was just like the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post

Awesome job guys!
    You guys are making me get that get out and fish ASAP feeling.
    Nice fish for the both of you, and way to clutch out dinner Arthur.
    That sucks that you lost those quality fish but no worries, if theyre there, its only a matter of time before u get em.
    It looks nice and fishy there
    I think the WSB are definitely here!
    The WSB are all over the place right now Frank, inshore, at the islands... everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesserz View Post
    Wowee what an epic day!! Nice job out there boys, that's how it's done! Flattie after flattie, I love it!

Justin, I wish that spot was in my backyard. You made a wise decision in sharing your intel with the Commander... it will pay off tenfold. About the lost fish.. I feel your pain. Those kinds of memories still haunt me in my dreams. But I have no doubt you will make up for it really soon... esp. being a future S.W.A.T. recruit prospect.

Arthur, awesome report as usual. You will always and forever be the Commander, so don't even joke.
    Thanks for the pre-post info... I couldn't concentrate at work after reading Jason's fwds and your texts.
    Talking about intel... You & Jason put it to REALLY good use!
    Thanks again for a fun day last Thursday... so glad I made the trip.
    Congrats on your awesome Corvina!

Quote Originally Posted by FishinLBC View Post
    nice job guys. srry about the one that got away
    It was a bummer, but I know Justin will bounce back nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by justin oceanside View Post
    Even with the two TRAGEDIES I still had a great time. I caught some fish, had good company and learned a few things.
    I have AT LEAST a dozen excuses for those two fish getting off...so I will list them...number one: just kidding.....only me to blame..but I AM DUE!!
    I will attest to the three cast - three fish. Unbelievable!! Kinda puts the pressure on to walk up and wave to see fish on - take a pic - fish on - take a pic - fish on....three casts!!! You kept saying that you were "lucky", I think, it has more to do with Karma - good for good....

Project is a go, just need to talk about the logistics ;)

Thanks again for making the trek, looking forward to doing it again soon!

It was a good day in the surf....

Justin

Justin
    Justin, I likeyour positive attitude bro. You handled the tragedies with perfect grace.
    You will get a monster Flat Fish of the RIGHT kind very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    EPIC DAY! Arthur, I was getting ansy at work after I got your text. Kept thinking about water conditions, swells, water temp, tide etc. I thought for sure you'd be at the same spot the day before hunting for the ghosts.

Awesome day and the perfect ending to your outing with a nice legal for your Iron Chef.

Justin, sorry to hear about the lost fish, but the season is still young and I predict you'll be putting a quality fish on the sand in no time.
    Jason, you did an excellent job with the intel I provided. You did the research and rallied the troops. I'm glad that YOU did, because I had no plans to get back down there the next day.
    Well done soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I just don't know what to say.

Arthur when I first read a post you wrote I thought, ah this guys is just lucky. Little did I know you are a Master, a PHd, a fishing god for sure.

Justin I am sure was blown away on the 3 for 3 and to get a kicker on the way back to car. Heck I am. If I were him I would be scratching my head about what you were able to pull off in such a short time as much as the loss he experienced. Sucks when that happens.

Justin, thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work and always post the fun with pic's.
    Arthur, I hope to throw down a big fish report Thursday night. Won't be surf report. Hoping on a boat Wish me luck, I need some about now.

Thursday- No report from me other than I think I broke my big toe :(
    LOL, Bill... as you will find out, that I'm the luckiest fisherman , EVER!
    Sorry about the slow ocean trip, and even more so, about the broken toe.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    The Planets must be in alignment or the world is coming to an end! NOT!

I thought you were going to be to busy to fish according to a corporate memo you posted a while back! It seems like you are getting out more than ever.

My bosses are getting pissed at me as I keep requesting to change my days off. I'll take Sun/Mon, No Fri/Sat, No Mon/Tue, No Tue/Wed, to be able to fish with the SWAT Crew!

Congrats on another great day in the surf working with the new recruit!

Justin,

It looks like a fun day out there! Don't let Arthur intimidate you on your home turf!

Steve
    Steve, I'm fishing as much as I can right now because when the project goes "green light" in mid July, I will be on lockdown mode. When that time comes, I will be lucky if I get to fish once a month.
    But rest assured, I will do my best to hit the water with my Crew whenever possible.
    Love the constant changing colors of your signature swimbait ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by FishNFurious View Post
    Wow, sick report, don't know how you do it. Not once in awhile, but all the time.
    Justin, i feel your pain bro. Lost a few prized fish myself over the years. They tend to haunt you for a long time.
    Where's the food pix Arthur???
    Food pics updated Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
    Wow WTG out there Justin and Arthur. Wished I could've join you this morning but being in the Battalion sometimes I have early medical appts. Sucks because they rescheduled on me. PMA, is a good thing to have while fishing and aleast you beat the skunk.

I start a whole new morning program for 6 weeks so morning fishing is out of the question for me now. But I'll be down to join you in the afternoons buddy....let me know. I shoot you a text or visa versa. Again, WTG out there guys and can't wait for the chow shots. It always makes me hungry.
    Justin told me that you're one of the good guys.
    Sounds like you have one hectic schedule. let us know when your schedule eases up a bit, maybe you can join us out there one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Awesome day in the sand down South, great report Arthur.

TD
    Thanks Aaron, we cherish & appreciate days like these...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfishsmell View Post
    Man you get to fish alot Wingnut ... lol

Congrats to both you guys out there , great report !
    Only temporary, it won't last for long... But I'm going to enjoy it while it last.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysher View Post
    Great post and pictures. It just breaks your heart when something like that happens, get the major bendo fight it and know it's nice fish and before you can see color, it snaps =0( I know the feeling. Good luck on your next trip and hopefully you land that monster of a beast.
    These things happens, it's the nature of the beast. But as long as you land more than what you lose, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER SLAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Slayed them good Bob, I dedicate Mr. Dead Flattie to you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by HarbourAnglr View Post
    Incredible report, thanks!
    Thank you kind sir!

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    good to see you back on the waters Arthur..

sweet slayage

Nice catches there guys : )

Saaaaaweeet !

Congrats on the well earned bounty..

Gary
    Been back Gary... but going away again soon.
    Thanks buddy, you keep up the good work out there yourself.
    Those Lake San Antonio Stripers are calling out to me... they're haunting me in my dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    lol you would definitely have those doormats Arthur. Once again you never fail to have a great day fishing! I still haven't found time to fish yet but i just got a kayak for a early birthday present so as soon as i get back from the kern this weekend, you will definitely see a kayak report!! hopefully with some good catches!
    They're not all great Phil, but we've been pretty fortunate lately.
    Congrats on the new kayak, please be careful out there and can't wait to see some reports from you out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhatster View Post
    Bro, you're killing me with the food pics.
    Have Mom fix you up bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I laugh my a** off everytime I see those two
    They crack me up too Bill. Quite a couple of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post

Haha, even the pugs are Hali slayers.

Your racking up the flatties count there Art. Good to see your keeping a few.
    Thanks Binh, Flatties count going up nicely bro.
    With the Iron Chef at home, I always have to have an inventory of fresh fish ready.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur and Justin..........Great job out there guys!

Reading this report confirms my feelings on why I like to fish. There are going to be days where it seems like you can do no wrong and there will be plenty of fish to be caught and you just can't miss. Then, there will be days where you ask yourself what in the heck am I doing wrong? are there any fish here?. Then there will be days when you hook into one that you know is going to be the "The One" but it just doesn't happen. Even though you suffer a little heartbreak the thrill of the hunt keeps you coming back.

Thanks for the report Arthur!
    Thanks for the words of wisdom my friend... so true.

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Great report, Arthur...Sure sorry Justin's losses were part of the drama...Every fisherman empathizes since we've ALL been there. I lost Moby Striper, in much the same fashion, up in Frisco Bay, 40 years ago....I still wince when I think about it...Well, I better finish off this beer before it gets any saltier...
    Every fisherman has a fish or two that haunts them in the back of their minds...

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Oh man, I've been there done that many times Justin. Sorry to hear of the heartbreak but as long as you learn something from it, it's not a complete loss.

Nice talking to you on your drive back from the surf Art. We're really going to miss your weekly reports after July. But hey, business before pleasure and one report a month is better than no reports at all.

Congrats on an excellent session gentlemen!
    Trust me Phuong, Justin learned A LOT...
    No worries bro, I'll still be around after July, just not in the frequency that I would like.
    The rest of the S.W.A.T. Crew will pick up the slack in my absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulua1 View Post
    Congrats and good job guys! Way to stick it to em out there!
    Thanks Jason... I thought I saw you in the distant out there today at Beans Central.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 06-25-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Default Bonus report - Saturday 6/25/11

Bonus Report #1 - Saturday 6/25/11

Bill (Which Way Out), one of our S.W.A.T. members from Santa Barbara was in town this weekend and wanted to hit the L.A. surf for the first time. I checked the conditions and saw that it was poor at best, but since he was in the area, I figured that we can take him to a couple of spots and see what we can scratch out from the surf. I also invited a new S.W.A.T. future recruit prospect to come along. Nick (n1ckxlam) is a long time FNN member and an experienced surf fisherman. Nick and I have been trying to set up a mission together for the last couple of months but our schedules never coincided until now. Nick is a paramedic and my schedule is quite sporatic. Even though we knew today wasn't going to be the ideal surf fishing day, conditions wise, I thought that it would be nice to meet Nick for the first time and see him in action. And see him in action we did!

Mike (Bones) also joined us for the turbulent mission.

Met up at the A.O. at grey light and was greeted with 3-5 ft swells, murky brown water, violent washing machine action and an all you can eat salad fest.
    We did our best at the spot and left after about a couple of hours and tried a couple of other areas. Same conditions and results. To make a short story even shorter, Mike, Bill and I got the dreaded Skunk. But Nick on the other hand, showed what he was made of by hanging tough and was able to pull out a couple of species from the rough surf. He also had a couple of other hook-ups that didn't make it to the sand. Way to go Nick, you impressed us all today with your performance. I don't think that I even got a bump today on the LC.

Mike, Bill & Nick, it was nice to share the sand with you guys today. It was a rough one, but trips like these make us appreciate the successful missions even that much more!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody...

Arthur (Wingnut)

"We are all failures... well at least, the best of us are."

Nick's catches... in those conditions, well done my friend!
    Out there in that conditions in shorts & sandals... dude!

Bill (Which Way Out).

Bill broke his toe and stuck it out until the end!
    Go get it taken cared of right away buddy.

Now look who we ran into at the A.O.

I haven't fished with these guys in years!
    Big Dave (DFish) and Surf Master Mike (Kichigai1)
    I hope you guys did well out there today, man it was a rough one for us.

Big Dave, I miss fishing with you bro. You have been, and always be a class act.
    Congrats on your success in the surf over the years. Hope to fish with you soon.

Shortly after Dana (Fisherman 57) introduced me to surf fishing, Surf Master Mike took me by my green ears and basically taught me how to fish the surf. He used to call me "Grasshopper." You da man Mike! Let's set our misunderstandings and differences aside so the Dynamic Duo can ride again. The ball is in your court buddy. I don't reach out to too many people, but I'm doing so with you...
    Last edited by Wingnut; 07-16-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast