Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: S.W.A.T. "Iron Chef" Mission 6/22/11. Plus SEVEN BONUS Reports!

Thanks Arthur for the flattering Pictorial LOL
    It was real good to get out and reconnect with you again. I had a great time! and before I forget Thank you for driving and lunch, your generous kind nature shines through again.

At 1st I didn't think I could go but at around 3 am I woke up gave Arthur a call and we were off. The almost 2 hour drive passed quickly as we got caught up on what was going on in each others lives.Before you know it only 10 mins. seems like it had passed and we were there.

We arrive in the dark, suit up and proceed to the beach. We walk down and I scope the place out. I look around and see surffishing structure heaven. Troughs,holes,trenches and more.Unfortunately the more part included an abundance of kelp everywhere otherwise I think our numbers would have been way up.

It was an exciting trip, new territory, great company and a new location with potential. What more could someone ask for?

I had a great time and was so excited about the trip I ended up talking to Dave ( Dfish1 ) about it for a 1/2 hour

Thanks Arthur I had a great time and it was an exciting trip just like old times. lets do it again when you get back from your business trip.

Have a good 1
    Mike S.
    Last edited by kichigai1; 07-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Arthur and Kichi,

Thanks for the report guys. Although you guys managed to find a few fish it sounds like the conditions were off and the bite was tough regardless I can see this was a great trip none the less. It is amazing how fishing brings together old friends and introduces us to new ones as well. Fishing sure has introduced me to a lot of good people which has resulted lasting friendships including those who I consider some of the best friends I have ever known. Including my wife who I met while I was fishing.

Fishing brings people (us) together to join in the camaraderie we as anglers all share for the sport we love. It's the peace that comes from being on the water that's like no where else. It's the adrenaline and excitement that begins with a hook set and ends with a great feeling of accomplishment leaving us a story we will likely share many times in the years to come. My sons summer basketball season is over so I will ready to fish when get back from your trip.. Really looking forward to spending some time on the water. It's been awhile since I have been out fishing with the guys.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 07-28-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Arthur,
    SO MANY BONUS REPORTS!!!!! I agree with your resolve to start a new thread, this has just become a little to crazy after lucky #7.

Once again my friend, you're many surf fishing adventures are a motivator to us all. I know I haven't been the most regular poster of reports or board presence as of late, and it's time for that to change. It's great to see you reconnecting with some old friends again, and also good to see that you escaped Carmageddon! Hopefully we'll find some time to fish in the coming months/weeks. Between your once a month return trips and me starting school in 2.5 weeks, we should be able to figure something out!

Marc

We're getting our money's worth on this thread, that's for sure.
    Good to see you and "White Mike" fishing together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    We're getting our money's worth on this thread, that's for sure.
    Good to see you and "White Mike" fishing together again.
    Yah No Kidding. Lol
    Same Arthur that told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    We like to keep the board current.

Just 'bustin yer chops, WN Lol
    DR

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011