Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TUBE VS Yak

Quote Originally Posted by atleasticaughtabuzz View Post
    any feedback on the Caddis Navigator II?
    Sorry can't help you much. No personal experience, however from reviews of owners say it's only ok, does sit lower in the water than a Fish Cat or Fat Cat.. Most "cheap" tubes won't last too long, this does depend on how you maintain and store it.
    LW

any feedback on the Caddis Navigator II?
    If you're planning on getting the Caddis Nav II, why not go for broke on Dave Scadden Escape. You can find quite a few of them on Craigslist locally for Los Angeles and Orange County. Quite a few for San Diego too, which is about $200 to $250. It's a mesh of both kayak and tube's world, which oars-ready to add the additional propulsion in the water. It's 600 weight capacity I believe. Plenty of junk to carry with you in the water. Some people also add an electric motor to it too. Pretty nifty.

haha i didnt notice the nav II was that expensive. i DEFINITELY cant afford spending over $150 on my first tube

might be picking up a Caddis Nevada Gold (used one time, 9/10), waders and fins for 80 bucks today...no leaks. good deal?

might be picking up a Caddis Nevada Gold (used one time, 9/10), waders and fins for 80 bucks today...no leaks. good deal?
    that is a freaking good deal! that person must have hated that tube to sell it that low.

i guess hes getting kicked out of his parents house so hes tryna gather money lol

Default Caddis tube

I would not recommend a caddis float tube. That u shape and pontoon design is old school technology and the tube sits too low in the water. I had a cad is navigator top of the line and when my buddy showed up with his new odc420 I realized that I had the wrong tube. ODC420 or any other v style tube like fat cat sit much higher keeping you dryer, warmer and you move faster on the water. 90 seems a lot for a caddis when you can find a odc420 on sale for 99 if you keep looking. I have owed both styles and have tube for over 10 years so I know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by LBSea; 06-24-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    If you're planning on getting the Caddis Nav II, why not go for broke on Dave Scadden Escape. You can find quite a few of them on Craigslist locally for Los Angeles and Orange County. Quite a few for San Diego too, which is about $200 to $250. It's a mesh of both kayak and tube's world, which oars-ready to add the additional propulsion in the water. It's 600 weight capacity I believe. Plenty of junk to carry with you in the water. Some people also add an electric motor to it too. Pretty nifty.
    Hi Asian Guy,

I'd like to know where in SoCal or anywhere for that matter, can you buy a Dave Scadden Escape for $200-$250?? Please provide factual information, ie, proof.

Who in their right mind would take a $500+ loss on a boat that sells for $699.99 NEW??

You say you just bought a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise for $500 in San Diego. I've been looking everyday at prices and I sure didn't see it. The Escape and the Skykomish are 2 very different boats, the Escape being a much newer and easier boat to use. The Escape has only been out on the market for 2 years or less.

So please list on this board phone numbers of people who have their Escape advertised at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtales View Post
    Hi Asian Guy,

I'd like to know where in SoCal or anywhere for that matter, can you buy a Dave Scadden Escape for $200-$250?? Please provide factual information, ie, proof.

Who in their right mind would take a $500+ loss on a boat that sells for $699.99 NEW??

You say you just bought a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise for $500 in San Diego. I've been looking everyday at prices and I sure didn't see it. The Escape and the Skykomish are 2 very different boats, the Escape being a much newer and easier boat to use. The Escape has only been out on the market for 2 years or less.

So please list on this board phone numbers of people who have their Escape advertised at these prices.
    Seriously? I just my Dave Scadden Skykomish that cost the guy $1400 that he purchased a year ago, fully loaded, and he sold me for $500. It sitting in my livingroom right now, retrofitted with a 55lbs Endura C2 motor (also a new release) for a $100 and a fish finder. I saw earlier two postings, one in the Azusa and one in San Diego for the escape for $200 and $275 for the escape. Removed by authors after it was sold less than 2 days of posting. Why should I know? Because I was searching for a pontoon or a hybrid for the past 2 months after speaking with Ronina.

It's all how patient you are, and how much you're willing to dedicate in searching. I searched the forums daily, and craigslist, for the I.E., San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County. So yes..I spot things like you wouldn't believe. If any one need proofs, I can help you to search for it. Just let me know that you will not flake when the deals come down. You flake out, you will have a serious problem with me. Why? Because I'm just that kind of a person.

Yes, I'd like proof on the Escape

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast