Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TUBE VS Yak

well if it means anything...im pretty sure ive decided on a tube as i have just purchased a pretty much new (used 2x) fishcat 4, two strap on rod holders, a nice mesh net, neoprene waders, wading boots, fins, two tackle trays and a carrying back for $100 0_o OMFG I KNOW ITS AN AWESOME DEAL! got it from my coworkers boyfriend.

Wow that is a good deal. I want to get the prowler, but since I will also needs things like rod holders, fins etc It's going to add up quickly. Plus I just spent a lot of money on a few rods / reels and the old lady has her eye on a nice new coach bag so I might have to wait it out :(

I've fished in everything but a sit on Kayak and a stand up Jet Ski.

Kayaks cover ridiculous amount of water fast and easy, one piece, light weight and get to the water the fastest if you forgo the finder and motors. You don't need to dress up to ride it or even put fins on. Throw rods in holder, cooler and jump in!
    you can troll in it and spot fish and drift very well. Finder just piss you off anyways. Use some line to judge depth and there you go. lol Downside is fighting fish while steering is a PITA and you often end up face first in a bush full of banana spiders. Wind can be a PITA too if you can't figure out how to control it which really hasn't been an issue with me yet.

Pontoons are cool if you have a problem with being cramped up and want a standing deck and trolling motor and basically a mini boat. Might even need to register..

Tubes are GREAT weapons for smaller areas and good weapons for mid sized areas too.
    If you get the right fins and tube you can really work over an area very good and find more fish the yak and the pontoon will miss. On the downside, the yak and pontoon can find more fish by covering more waters.

I like them all for various reasons. I still have a tube and a kayak and shouldn't have sold my pontoon, but may have one again one day.

They're all a PITA to load up in the car and clean off every trip when you get home any way you look at it.

Get a kayak. One easy piece. Easy to clean, throw it in the bed, fast on the water and holds lots of stuff. Either that or a fish cat 4 tube. Those are pretty nice on the water.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-18-2011 at 11:05 PM.

And who's crying about taking a hit on their pontoon?
    I paid $650 for mine, brand new. Then they raised the price on them to $900 before tax.
    I still sold it for $400. Even with all the upgrades. Rod holders, wheels, custom 3/4" diamond plate standing deck.

There is no such thing as resale value anymore. Don't buy stuff you plan to sell.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345