Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Parker fishing questions

Default Parker fishing questions

I go to the river every summer in Parker never spent much time fishing while there. What are some of the hot bites during the summer months? I've caught a couple small large mouths under docks on senkos and a couple small mouths on tube baits but nothing to hot of a bite. What types of rigs do you throw in this part of the river? The water is usaully ripping through there I heard of huge cat fish never caught any yet and heard of good small mouth bites but unsure of what rigs to try and areas to look for.also is there in good numbers of stripers in this portion of the river? Thanks for any and all advice.

From what I know, not a ton of striper in there. Maybe some schoolie size ones, not sure though.

Smallmouth will eat most the same baits the largemouth will eat. Parker Strip has some great smallmouth fishing. Some largies too, but mostly smallies. In the summer, topwater early and late, Crank baits will nail them too pretty well when they are active in morning and evening. I throw plastics mid day usually. Dropshot works great in all the clear water colors, morning dawn being my favorite most of the time. Purple colors due pretty well there.

If you do not have a boat and are just bank fishing from a small area drop shot can easily get you 30+ fish a day, sometimes from the same rockpile!

This is just basic info, but it should be plenty to catch fish. Have fun.

Ok thanks for the advice ill try that out. Last trip I threw a crank bait for a little from the shore with no success I was on the Cali side about 2 miles below the dam ill try running in the boat to try some new areas when your fishing your drop **** rig what size weight are you using? Seems like the ripping current would make it tough. Ill try the early morning and evenings also. Any advice on the cat fish? What baits and rigs?