Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sfd update.

Default Sfd update.

i fished the dam this past sunday with my boy sgt.skunk we launched my bass hunter at about 9am.we steamed to the fist island and had a go at it.i was tossing a curly tail roboworm on a 3/0 g-mac hook,1/4 lead head and glass bead.second cast."tunk,tunk"whamm!!fish onn.....loosend my dragg and let her run.i knew she was decent.i finally got it to the surface and wouldnt u know??a catfish??lol i was like wow..that was a first.i kept the fish and shot it to my paisa homie fishin from shore haha "sucker"...
    sgt.skunk and i worked the rest of the island mostly using T-Riggs and bouncing them off the bottom.sgt.skunk had a swing and a miss but it was clear sumthing hadd it in its mouth by the way the plastic was pulled back.lots of short bites but no commitments?
    has anyone fished bass there lately?share some info?thanks.

i was there sunday at 5pm till 7pm i was drop shoting worms for bass from the shore but theres still lots of weeds each time i reel it bak in its clovered by weeds. so i used a 1in swimbait to catch some gills and caught a good size 1 and my cousin catch one too wit the same size swimbait.

My friends went there yesterday without me. One was using a rooster tail for bass/'gils and ended up catching a nice catfish hahahah. He said he also caught a small bass too. I want to get back out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by depocs View Post
    My friends went there yesterday without me. One was using a rooster tail for bass/'gils and ended up catching a nice catfish hahahah. He said he also caught a small bass too. I want to get back out there soon.
    thts weird a catfish on rooster tail hahah thts a first 4 me. rooster tails does catch some bass there tho.

Its not uncommon to catch catfish on lures and things like that. Its a common misconception about catfish, not to sound like a Knowitall.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!