Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake moses

Default Lake moses

My cousing is headed to washington in a few weeks and is going to be around the lake moses area...and pointers?has anyone fished that lake before...thanks....fish hard

Im from washington. Though I have never been to moses lake ive fished many of the east side lakes and have done pretty well. Tell me what kind of species your after and ill give some of my best pointers

Dude, call it Lake Moses and they'll know you are from Cali!!!

June is usually a good month in that area for what the locals call "spiny rays" bluegill, pumkinseed, bass and the ever-lovin' yellow perch. Moses Lake has 'em all. check into local bait shops for up-to-date info. You can probably catch your own weight in yellow perch if you hit it right...

Quote Originally Posted by fish.n.stein View Post
    Im from washington. Though I have never been to moses lake ive fished many of the east side lakes and have done pretty well. Tell me what kind of species your after and ill give some of my best pointers
    Where? I lived in Okanogan and Spokane, but fished everywhere from Osoyous down to Umatilla and over to the Methow. That southern central area - Moses Lake to the Tri-cities - was a favorite.

I'd think the Columbia would still be high at that time... but if it's fishable, there might be some decent smallmouth fishing.

I was home for memorial wknd and the lower columbia was in flood stage lol but thats due to the fact of the amount of water they are letting out of the dam. But ive fished the east side in june and july doing well for smallies on the rock piles ,ledges,in the marinas.use senkos drop shots shaky heads tubes or jerkbaits .the largemouth you will find back in the coves in the grass beds along with the bg and crappie.for the largies you can fish topwater in the morning. Throw spinnerbaits works well too burning them over the weeds and then senkos pitching into the holes in the grass always produces fish.any texas rigged craw immitation or creature bait is a fish getter too. Hope some of this info was hepful. Make sure to post and tell us how it went. Tight lines
    Fish.n.stein

Haha damm i should warn my cousing and make sure he gets on track with his wording...haha thanks guys for your input i will diffently pass the word to him....fash hard