Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fish cat 4-lcs replacement bladder.

Default Fish cat 4-lcs replacement bladder.

My fish cat 4 has started leaking through a tear on one of the seams, I have heard people here say that they are warrantied by the manufacturer, just wondering if anyone has info on how to go about getting it replaced under warranty, I no longer have the original store reciept but i do have the manufactures certifacet of origin.

My second question would be, how do you go about changing the bladder since the valve is built around the canvas of the float tube, I have never taken apart the valve.

I have tried patching but because its right at the seam I cant get it to seal completely.
    Thanks for your helps,

Go to their website and email their customer support. They will send you the replacement bladder free of charge.

As for replacement, there is a zipper on the float tube that you unzip which will reveal the bladders. The valve is attached to the bladder so in order to get the bladder out, you will need to manipulate the valve thru the hole and out. The new bladder will have a valve attached so you will put the bladder inside and work the valve up thru the hole and then zip it up. You will probably have to blow up the bladder and move it around so it fits inside the tube correctly. Also, forgot to mention on mine, there is a small white strip of velcro holding the bladder at both ends so you must remove these and fasten the new bladder to these for replacement.

yes I got the bladder the out, to the point where the valve has to come out the canvas, is it just a tight fit, I should be able to pull it out or is it seamed together somehow? I will check their website for that contact info, so no need to call anyone just email them?

Unscrew the boston valve from the bladder and it should be attached to the rest of the valve by a tether. This tether leads to an removable o-ring. Remove it and there should be enough room for you to slip the valve past the canvas.

ok I'm gonna go try that now, I just sent them an email hope to hear back from them soon. Thanks

Quick update for any who can use this info in the future,

The bladder came out very easily after removing the cap and valve assembly like "that dang guy" described.

I just recieve an email from the service department and my new bladder is on its way free of charge.

Thanks everyone, it will be here just in time for our mammoth trip next month.
    Last edited by viperman100; 06-15-2011 at 01:50 PM.

I had this problem too and had to work the valve out of the canvas.

But you are saying the valve unscrews. I will try that. It is good to have a extra bladder
    if you are on a long trip.

You have to tell service your fish cat is less than the warranty years. Then,
    they will send you a new one.

I had mine leak on the lake. Lucky it was a slow one cause if i might have sank