Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best fishing line for spinning reels?

I suggest you test out the new Berkley Nanofil. I thought it was a gimmick when announced but believe that it is the thinnest line ever made for the break strength. What it gives up in transparency, it makes up in being much thinner. I think overall visibility is probably as good or better than normal lines.

UL

Wouldn't mind checking that stuff out.
    Berkley stuff is only so gimmicky before it actually does work.
    They haven't really let me down yet accept for that Vanish Transitions crap that's stiff as a board and brittle as some peanut brittle.

I do like normal Blue box Vanish though. If it's a fresh spool of vanish 4-6lb on my spinning reel I can trust it for sure.

Still seaguar is noticeably better just when you remove it from the box before you even get to fishing it.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-08-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Thats an easy one, either Tackle Warehouse or Bass Tackle Depot. Both offer free shipping on orders over $50.00
    Thanks for the help. They seem to have all the products listed and not just 1 options from each manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I suggest you test out the new Berkley Nanofil. I thought it was a gimmick when announced but believe that it is the thinnest line ever made for the break strength. What it gives up in transparency, it makes up in being much thinner. I think overall visibility is probably as good or better than normal lines.

UL
    Too bad it floats. Any bottom bouncing applications, and you have a big bow in your line.

Sorry if this is a silly questions, but this is my first freshwater fishing season after fishing salt for several years. I'm learning it's more of an "art" then just finding a patty tossing bait, and pulling for the fish in. As a result it's been both frustrating and relaxing at the same time.

I basically went out and spooled my reels with either 4 for light and 8 line. I figured 4 is light enough for trout and 8 heavy enough for bass / cats. If I used all braid is that going to be a problem when fishing for different fish?

I have been successful getting trout and cats by casting into the deeper parts of the lake and letting the bait soak. Even with a 5' leader wouldn't the fish still pick up on the braid and be weary of the line?

Also does braid reduce the ability to cast far? I would love to have a good thick heavy line to count on, but the guy at the tackle shop said it's overkill and should never be used unless your going after large fish like sturgeon.

Sounds like overkill to me.

For bass I have 8lb P line flouro on one pole and 8lb seager flouro on another. Mostly because the p line was half the price and I wanted to try it. I found that the seager has absolutly no memery at all and I can actually cast it father than the P line. Just have to suck up and spend the $17-19 on the line though. But man it is worth it. I just follow the rule that every 5-8 fish I cut and retie my hook so the line doesnt get to torn up and I have never lost a fish yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123