Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best fishing line for spinning reels?

Izorline 4 sure!

TS

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I like using fluoro for my spinning reels. I haven't strayed away from Sunline Metan Shooter. The 2, 3, 3.5 and 4# test are pretty awesome.
    I've used Sunline FC Sniper with a 4# test. Didn't have any problems in that range with line and twist, but also tried it in the 7# range.. same line and twist as described in my first post.. I think the problem persist at 6#.

Just spooled one reel with 4# fluroclear.. (love it) and the other with p-line cxx 8#.. not as smooth casting but strong as hell.. got caught on a rock today, didn't break my line, but bent my hook pretty good.. strong stuff for sure, it feels like FC, so far no line twist.. crossing my fingers.

From my experience the following are my choices of line to use period.

Izor XXX
    best bang for your buck

Seaguar fluorocarbon
    Best bang for your buck fluorocarbon

Toray or sunline
    Best fluorocarbon

Braid
    Izor
    Last edited by shy_boxer; 06-21-2011 at 01:34 AM.

If your getting that line twist on a specific rig, it may not be the lines fault!!
    Getting line on a spinning reel is sometimes a chore that turns ugly fast..
    Make sure it goes on without a twist.

If you crank a spinning reel while drag is being pulled, it will twist up like a snake... Never crank while drag is being pulled..
    Also a spinning bait will twist it up FAST, Drop shot coming up fast will spin like crazy....
    Always close the bail by hand and make sure a loop isnt caught in the spool... Make it a habit. Works for me, I do a lot of light Finesse stuff and it helps a ton...

Take off the baits and pull out 50++ yards, Easy on a boat to troll it out, then wind it back in slowly...
    Or walk it out (the empty line) then reel it in while pinched between fingers......

Keeping the twist out is the key....

Izor XXX is very good stuff... Pline is to stiff with to much memory for my taste...
    I use a lot of Cuda in 2# to 8#.. Hard to find though...

They just started in with Sunline at bass pro.
    When they go mainstream it will be time to switch.

Personally I have never used the stuff but it wasn't much more expensive than the best I have used which is Seaguar Invisex. I'll try it (Sunlline) when I can. I want some 3lb
    I read that line is IGFA (whatever that means) certified to break like a hair before 3lbs.

When I'm in a pinch I use the blue box Berkley Vanish (not "Transitions") from walmart with good results but I change it out often cause I use it up fast.

All my baitcasters sport Ande Mono right now. Ocean line.
    Seems to stay somewhat slick coating to me for some reason for a while.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-21-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    They just started in with Sunline at bass pro.
    When they go mainstream it will be time to switch.
    Yeah, although I highly doubt Bass Pro would carry anything on Sunline's high end. I'd love to see the expression MOST fisherman would have when they see 100 yards of 'fishin' string' going for $40. (Although Bass Pro is where I picked up A LOT of MegaBass hardbaits when they went on Clearance because there was NO WAY in hell Bass Pro consumers would pick up a $30 jerkbait. Vision 110 for $15.99 on clearance? I'll take it.)

Without even seeing their stock, I guarantee they only stock only 2 of them

1. "Super Fluoro" which I heard is the Japanese version of Berkley's ever wonderful "Vanish" flouro, i.e. Don't Buy It. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Sunline.

2. Super Mono, which is actually pretty decent. If you're used to fishing US lines, go with the higher test, as the line is extremely thin.

Put 15lb braid on it then Albright Knot yourself about 5 feet of Sunline Shooter 6lb flouro....

Problems solved :-)

Lol that's how I got my Ito
    BPS overstock!

At least they have smelly jelly and those chatterbait things that don't work.

Whatever sunline it was, was $22-$26 a box.
    Red label, 3lb etc etc
    Didn't look further, I was buying baits and reels.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Where do you guys buy stuff from online? I don't have any shops close buy and usually go to bass pro shops and order stuff online.

Best Fluorocarbon line for spinning reels is without a doubt, Sunline FC Biwako Guide Special. The stuff is specifically made for spinning reels.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Where do you guys buy stuff from online? I don't have any shops close buy and usually go to bass pro shops and order stuff online.
    Thats an easy one, either Tackle Warehouse or Bass Tackle Depot. Both offer free shipping on orders over $50.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast