Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did someone rip you off here?

Last edited by smokehound; 06-17-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I felt this was a good idea, to put shady individuals on blast in a sticky-thread, so people who were stung before can keep an eye out for others.

I've seen this crap happen at arachnoboards, someone ran around ripping people off, made new screen-names, and this ONE person screwed a bunch of people!

I've never been ripped off here, because i've never bought anything here. I just felt this would help.
    I've both bought and sold on this site. I have never had a problem. I've also bought and sold on Craigslist in state and out of state and have never had a problem.

I saw this post a couple of weeks ago when I was in a mad rush to go to the Sierras. I happened to see it again and this time to respond to it, especially since I have just posted an ad for my pontoon boat, I felt it was useful to give others on this board my experience.

I think we all know this sort of stuff happens 'cause it's one of the things the news media likes to harp on to get people scared. I'm not sure how restating this sort of thing is useful. I'm sure you won't like what I've said and sorry to offend your ego. However, for most of us who are honest, I think your statement hinders buyers and sellers who want to engage in a transaction that benefit each other.

This is pointless, starting up old drama... wow guys we're all grown up here, its stupid putting people on blast now.

I had a bad experience with a FNN transaction...

Was told that I was purchasing the top notch spotted bay bass, calico and sand bass "swimbaits".. been winning all sorts of these so called tourneys down in so cal..

Drove 2 hrs to some **** hole called sun valley or some ****.. ended up just being ******* gulp!

I voiced my opinion and displeasure with the kid, and he was clueless.

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Was told that I was purchasing the top notch spotted bay bass, calico and sand bass "swimbaits".. been winning all sorts of these so called tourneys down in so cal..

Drove 2 hrs to some **** hole called sun valley or some ****.. ended up just being ******* gulp!

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!
    Hahahahahahhaahaha that works stinkbait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!
    Was this before or after "StriperFest" last year?
    LW.
    Last edited by Liteweight; 06-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtales View Post
    I've both bought and sold on this site. I have never had a problem. I've also bought and sold on Craigslist in state and out of state and have never had a problem.

I saw this post a couple of weeks ago when I was in a mad rush to go to the Sierras. I happened to see it again and this time to respond to it, especially since I have just posted an ad for my pontoon boat, I felt it was useful to give others on this board my experience.

I think we all know this sort of stuff happens 'cause it's one of the things the news media likes to harp on to get people scared. I'm not sure how restating this sort of thing is useful. I'm sure you won't like what I've said and sorry to offend your ego. However, for most of us who are honest, I think your statement hinders buyers and sellers who want to engage in a transaction that benefit each other.
    I like how you decided to randomly throw in the corporate media. At any rate, I seriously doubt this will put off transactions at ALL. I'm not sensationalizing this, I merely wish to help. Dont worry about hurting my ego, I'm using hax.

I like how you decided to randomly throw in the corporate media. At any rate, I seriously doubt this will put off transactions at ALL. I'm not sensationalizing this, I merely wish to help. Dont worry about hurting my ego, I'm using hax.
    I think this is just helping make people aware of whats going on this site. It helps let people know who to trust and who not to. Because obviously if someone puts the name of a user on here when he/she tries to sell again more people are gonna be on there toes about that sell because they heard of this persons bad rep.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

My mentioning the corporate media was not random. I was put off by your post especially since you were not talking about a specific person who burned you rather you made it a general statement which I interpreted as including everyone on internet boards such as this one.

In reading another post about Jiggaman and how he has apparently scammed some members on this board and other boards out of money, I am in agreement with you. I think a section ought to be assigned for people who are stealing from other members.

I got ripped off by a member named "captainwhitie" on westernbass classifieds. He might be selling here too.

Just thought I would put this out there for you fellow fisherman, no I am not anyone to talk any trash about anyone, I just thought I would let everyone know I got burned from this guy for $120 worth of baits and I gave him $360 total

I ordered 800 baits from him and let me tell you, he took forever to make them when he said they were going to be done ASAP. The first order I gave him $100 for $60 worth of baits and told him to keep the extra $40 as a deposit for my next order took him a month and a half or so later to make baits for me. When I met him there was a box full of baits and he said they may be a FEW baits missing and he said whatevers missing he will make them for me, So I got home and opened the box and seen there was over 310 baits missing! Some of the baits I got were poorly made.

He ignores all of my phone calls and text messages, he sends me BS text messages so im just letting everyone what kind of experience I had with this guy, BELIEVE ME took me a long time to even think about posting this about anyone but I hate for someone else to get burned and his baits aint all that great anyway not worth the money. Dont trust him Buyer BEWARE. And this was over 3 Months ago!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast