Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did someone rip you off here?

I've both bought and sold on this board (even bartered a little too). No problems, honest people, and no flakes at all. It should be noted I have used some of the other boards for the same, and the integrity here is very good considering how fast one person can screw a bunch of people given the chance. I hope the people I have done business with feel the same ...
    Ferg

I have bought and sold dozens of items here over the years and have had VERY good experiences. I always try and sweeten the deal when someone drives to see the item.

The only issue i've ever had is high maintenance buyers and/or not educating themselves before they make a buying decision. My advice is, GOOGLE is free. Make sure you know what you are purchasing, what it fits, what it needs and what it is worth before you go look. Otherwise, keep in mind that the seller still just wants to his item gone. They may not be the best source of information for you. Be an educated buyer!

FNN has been awesome to me! Thanks for great dealings and let's all keep it up!!

Had one issue with a guy not showing up while I waited in the parking lot.
    LASTCAST or something like that.
    Just make sure you guys have made phone contact before you go out to meet and sell items and do it in very public places like walmart or best buy parking lot with lots of people. Never know when some bozo hates you because of some 3 year old report you wrote at "their" lake.

Don't take candy from strangers and don't forget your toothbrush either.
    Tooth Fairy and Sandy Claws won't be happy.

Sticky this B*tch. Good thread.
    Hold some accountability to these usernames.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Hey since it seems that you guys are all in the dark about heatware...
    I'll post it up here.: http://www.heatware.com/

That site pretty much works as a feedback website for all buying and selling on forums.
    There are known trolls that jack people throughout multiple forums, and all their multiple aliases are tracked.

I myself have already been registered and have ~10 positive feedback comments.
    Last edited by tree; 06-15-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Lokey low balled and flaked on me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    Lokey low balled and flaked on me.
    Was money ever traded hands? if not, then it's not a scam, and is simply bad communication. (or lokey being a flake)

In all honesty, Heatware works. Communication, speed of payment, ease of business all matter when dealing with people online. Nobody wants to buy something and then wait 3 weeks for the seller to ship it.
    Last edited by tree; 06-15-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Just make sure you guys have made phone contact before you go out to meet and sell items and do it in very public places like walmart or best buy parking lot with lots of people. Never know when some bozo hates you because of some 3 year old report you wrote at "their" lake.
    x2

Bring a friend while you're at it. Makes the waiting go faster too.

i like to bring 2 friends, smith and wesson, lol jk only 1, sam colt :)

Quote Originally Posted by Swank909 View Post
    In over 2 years that i've been selling / buying / trading stuff on this forum the only bad experience i've seen or heard of is that Jiggaman dude and his on going issue with an Abu someone bought in April. We've been pretty lucky to have an outstanding group of individuals on this board.
    I agree to this as i was the one that had the problem with him. He told me it was new so i didnt bother cheking the reel, well to my surprise when i get home its broken! I txted him imidiatly and he said he would replace it. He was jus BSn and everyday i would text him or pm him he would have a diff excuse. Till this day today he neva replaced it. He is a person to wAtch out for

And yes i know its my fault for taking someones word but what really pissed me off is that he lied that he would replace it and neva did. NOT A MAN OF HIS WORD!! One last thing another guy had a problem with him heres a messege he wrote to me askng to see if i had any info on jiggaman

CritrGitr
    jigga is a piece of work
    Looks like you got problems with this guy too. i purchased two reels from him long distance (I'm in Oregon). He had a friend cash my check and has given me a ton of excuses for not sending my money back or the reels. I've been hunting him down on various sites - his phone # is 951-378-7257. Have you got any other contact information ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast