Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 6/13 trip

Default 6/13 trip

Hey Viners,
    Thought I'd try to redeem myself after that slow night session on Friday. Arrived at 5 to find Ed all by himself. By 6 there were maybe 10 cars. The air was 59* and water was 67*. The water was like glass, I decided to troll. After several laps and no luck, the lead core gets hit. A fire tiger rap. gets a 3 pound bow. Soon after it gets hit again but I farm it about 8ft. behind the boat. I marked alot of big fish on the dam bouy line, about 35 ft. down. After another pass, I headed back up the creek to try for some cats. Way back up in there, it comes up to about 4 ft. and the skeg on my motor is hitting mud. I stopped and baited down for awhile. About 20 minutes in, the line is ripping out on a shrimp pole. I land a cat that was about 3 pounds (it felt alot a bigger). I got an 8 pound wiper on the same pole on Fri. nite on shrimp also. By now the sun is blazing down. At about 12, I decided to troll some more. I didn't get anymore bites as the water temp. jumped to 72*. Down by the dam, I seen a swirl in front of my boat. I jumped up on the front seat and just caught a glimpse of at trout was close to 3ft. long. This was the biggest trout I've seen in the lake this year. Of course it dropped down and went back behind the bouyline but it was right on the surface?. I also noticed large schools of what looked like fish fry in the area there.
    Til' friday night,
    tight lines....
    Last edited by hooks; 06-13-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Good post and info Hooks. Is way back up in the creek shallow a good spot for the kitties??
    Never been back there as it looked too shallow but if they are there then I am game. Did you see any surface action on Bass or bait balls and crappie back on the flats??

The magic man fishes even farther up the creek and has done it in a pontoon? There were a couple guys back there that were catching bass. The birds were feasting on the shad back there everywhere. I did see fry schools by the dam.