Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Killer Trout Recipe

Default Killer Trout Recipe

I don't like trout but trout prepared using this recipe is to die for. Enjoy!

Pan Fried Fish Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
    Recipe Summary
    Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Yield: 2 servings
    1 large or two small skin-on fish fillets, about 8 ounces (rainbow trout, small salmon, brown trout)
    Kosher salt
    Ground black pepper
    Flour for dredging
    2 tablespoon Canola oil
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoons capers, drained
    1 lemon, juiced
    Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat.
    Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. When pan is good and hot, add Canola oil followed immediately by 1 tablespoon butter. As soon as foaming subsides, place fish in pan with the skin side down. Jiggle pan for the first 10 seconds to keep the fish from sticking. Cook until golden crust forms on meat. Carefully turn fish away from you and again jiggle pan for the first few seconds. Cook until skin turns golden brown. Remove to a warm plate.
    Pour out the cooking fat, add remaining butter and quickly fry the capers. Remove pan from the heat, add lemon juice to pan and swirl. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.

Episode#: EA1A10
    Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
    Last edited by fishtales; 06-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Kosher salt?

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Kosher salt?
    Yup, that's what the recipe calls for. Try using regular salt, I'm not sure why it calls for Kosher Salt. Personally, I use Celtic Sea Salt.

That sounds real good. I will need to try it. Tnxs