Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LA River at Willow LB ! Super Fishey.

Default LA River at Willow LB ! Super Fishey.

Went to check the carp hole and saw a ton of life.
    Jumpers, Boils ect. Could be Bass in there too.
    There is alot of Carp in this spot. They can't go up river and the high tide saltwater comes to Anahiem St 1 mile down river.

Park at 25 th St. & San Francisco easy short walk enter at bike path gate and go up and over the berm. If you don't post then PM me with the results.

Stand by the tall reeds area where the boulders are at the left.

Don't be scared of LA River. Lol This area was just cleaned of trash a couple weeks ago.
    You will think your at stream in the Sierra's, Lots of ducks too.
    Major flushing last winter with all the rain.
    You won't be dissapointed Carp Hunters.
    Don't eat these LA River fish (nasty) C&R only.

Nobody goes to this spot ??? Must be 'River Fear'
    Don't be a Puss, check it out.

Wide angle pic of the spot. There is a rough concrete spot to walk down, easy access and Legal !!!

This pic doesn't even show half of the area with the Island in the middle.
    Seen some mother ducks and chicks around too.

LA River and San Gabriel Rivers in red.

DR

This would be a great spot for Fly Fishing too. You can see the spot while driving over the Willow bridge.
    Check it out. DR

ive considered fishing down there, but i didnt think there was anything around there. ive also seen some big boils over by the refinery on the 605 riverbed where the hot water is rushing out

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it California law to have fish in every body of water to prevent Mosquitoes from breeding? If that's the case, I'm there!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhazi View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it California law to have fish in every body of water to prevent Mosquitoes from breeding? If that's the case, I'm there!
    Yes, with some exceptions being chlorinated water, and rivers/streams. People who use saline water instead of chlorine for swimming pools are required by law to stock mosquitofish, if I can remember correctly. I guess to halt salt-marsh mosquitoes from breeding, one of the few insects that can tolerate excessive salinity. Mosquitofish can thrive in salinities well over seawater salinity.