Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cerritos Regional Park

Default Cerritos Regional Park

Got there around 11 AM. It was overcast. Stayed there until around 5. Fishing was slow for everyone. A man I talked to caught a nice lookin' 2 lb'er. I, on the other hand, caught nothing . I was tossing out a black and red Spinnerbait because the bass there seemed to always bite on dark colors. Also rigged a black Yamasenko with white flakes. And tried to a Texas rigged Salamander (2") near the end of my session. As I was fishing the top lake near the waterfall, I watched helplessly as a huge 8 lb bass just swims right by me.

Why Cerritos, whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy ?!

I'll be back there Monday morning. Cheers!

Was out there at Cerritos on Saturday froma bout 12:00PM to 7:30PM. Took the kids, brought the grill. I ended up with one bass about 1.5lbs on a Fat IKA. Farmed about 3 others, but couldn't get a good hookset so they came off. That was my 4th trip to Cerritos and I love the places. I've heard about the 8lb bass you speak of. I was also told of a 11lb female that is roaming the lower/larger lake. Saw a Comerant catch and eat a 2lb catfish. That was CRAZY.

mestre909

Thanks for the reply Mestre909! I'm glad you had a good time with your kids there. I've grown to love that lake myself now that I've gotten the hang of how to fish it. Throw on some polarized glasses next time and you'll be in for a treat!

I'm likely to be there today as well (6/14/11). Up and early, probably around 8 AM. I was there yesterday and caught a nice 4-5 lb'er! Picture is in my phone. I also hooked that 8 lb'er but she threw my hook while I was reeling her in...alas, just a fishing story now!