Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: San gabriel river

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default San gabriel river

Thinking about checking out the san gabriel river in azusa canyon? Anyone been up there lately??? Im targeting natives nothing big just trying to want to feel like im at rush creek for a bit with out raelly being there haha...any suggestions on where to fish....fish hard

I believe they no longer stock San Gabriel river. And it is all artificial lures and barbless hooks. Last time I was there on the west fork I only saw 3 other anglers in 4 miles! Good luck!

I went recently. Most fish are tiny, and almost all 'natives'. Will send PM with more info.

Ok thanks if you can please send me some info greatly appreciated...fish hard

I've fished there a few times in the past month with Oban. Finally got to use my new Tenkara fly fishing rod. Lots of fun catching these little guys, they are big to me :).

Quote Originally Posted by depocs View Post
    I've fished there a few times in the past month with Oban. Finally got to use my new Tenkara fly fishing rod. Lots of fun catching these little guys, they are big to me :).

Those are great. Never knew their were anything up there.

Depocs, those are some very nice native fish.