Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fairmont 6/10 Afternoon Stroll

Default Fairmont 6/10 Afternoon Stroll

I decided I was a bit bored around the house this afternoon, so I took a trip down to Fairmont to give the bass a try.
    Nothing was caught, but I can relate some of the conditions.

The large lake is still very murky. I saw a lot (and I mean a lot) of bass fry in the roots along the entire south shore. I also noticed several schools of bluegill guarding spawning beds along the tree roots in Brown Lake.

I started with a brown slug-o texas rigged, then later switched it to a purple roboworm. No success on either.

I may hit up the lake on Monday or Tuesday for some ultra-light carp fishing and scout the place for some new spots to fish from. My favorites have been taken over recently. Cest' le vie!

Apparently I'm being noticed out on the lake! I've ran into several people who have seen my posts on here. Nice chatting with you guys, and good luck to you!

Default Good People

Hey Ranoxic, I was one of the people who got to meet you there. It's definitley a good fishing experience to meet people who are not rude, and willing to share their knowledge of the spot. My cousin was impressed and will soon be a member here also. I look forward to meeting more members soon.

Nice to see you made your way here, and glad to be helpful with some of my experience on the lake.

Nice.... Im always fishing fairmount for the carp.. just that lately been getting skunnked. Don't understand it, there are a crap ton of carp in the lake and I can't seem to catch one. Any tips or spots, or maybe a gtg with one of you fellas from the forum...