Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqueduct stretch above Silverwood Lake

No guns in the Aquaduct, it's illegal. Although every year when bird season opens up I see hunters in the actual Aquaduct, but I've heard them get busted also, actually have seen DFG in there quite a bit.

So..machetes, knives, and wild animal (as well as crazy people) warning tools are fine..right?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    No guns in the Aquaduct, it's illegal. Although every year when bird season opens up I see hunters in the actual Aquaduct, but I've heard them get busted also, actually have seen DFG in there quite a bit.
    I didnt say guns, teh, my two freinds that i take are named 12 gauge and 9 militer, its there nickname, ya lets go with that.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I didnt say guns, teh, my two freinds that i take are named 12 gauge and 9 militer, its there nickname, ya lets go with that.
    :ROLF: Okay..I'll call mine "dicer" and "chopper"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    :ROLF: Okay..I'll call mine "dicer" and "chopper"
    I wana get a new freind either 30-06 or 30 30
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    He lives!

It's been a while since I've fished the Duct, been having too much fun on the LMB's at Silverwood so I would say it was prior to the drawdown that I witnessed the Tuly's. I guess one of these days I'll have to join Asian guy on a striper hunt.
    I know the tule are still around cause the poachers been using them recently. Although not seeing the tule either like I used to. I meant more the silversides. There are schools of hundreds to thousands by this time cruising around. They don't go down like the tule. They are just non existent though. I was even seeing LMB at one spot with a couple of 3 to 4 lbers and a school of 9 smaller lmb. They were at that spot for months. After the drawdown I never saw them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    My friend 10lb test maybe even a little on the light side. 12lb and up is more like it. Some people may mess around with lighter tackle but ive expereinced what the aqueduct does to light tackle, it aint pretty. Some people bring light tackle because they dont expect to get a big fish, but fishing the duct for a long time now I can say from experience there are big fish in there.
    I have been using 10lb since last fall and have caught more fish than ever. Only had 1 break off and that was due to a nick in my guide insert. Replaced it and never broke off since. I'm using Pline CXX which is strong stuff but 10lb test has not been an issue. Had many buoy line rubbing, running fish and all were landed on it. I have landed DD on 6lb with a light rod and spinning reel. It was in open water. Ran me very close to a gas pipe support piling and that would have been trouble had it made it to it. The light set up is not my norm but I do use it at times. There have been times when I hook up with it but can't get a good hook set because of the action of the rod. Still kinda fun to nail some on light tackle. This is using all lures though. If you bait n wait, then stouter tackle is better for the fast current.
    Last edited by yolo; 06-10-2011 at 07:42 PM.

leo when u going??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    I have been using 10lb since last fall and have caught more fish than ever. Only had 1 break off and that was due to a nick in my guide insert. Replaced it and never broke off since. I'm using Pline CXX which is strong stuff but 10lb test has not been an issue. Had many buoy line rubbing, running fish and all were landed on it. I have landed DD on 6lb with a light rod and spinning reel. It was in open water. Ran me very close to a gas pipe support piling and that would have been trouble had it made it to it. The light set up is not my norm but I do use it at times. There have been times when I hook up with it but can't get a good hook set because of the action of the rod. Still kinda fun to nail some on light tackle. This is using all lures though. If you bait n wait, then stouter tackle is better for the fast current.
    Definitely will keep that in mind. If my brother and his friends are using the medium-heavy and heavy gears, I'll go with my medium gear..Will make sure to have at least the 10lbs, but will stick with the minimum of 15lbs just in case. Rather be smart than sorry I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by evosamurai View Post
    leo when u going??????????????
    I'm waiting on my brother to response. He just got back from Hawaii, and need a bit of time to recoup from his trip. He's contacting a few of his friends as well. I may be shelling out serious set-up gears if he and his friends all decided to come, unless they are willing to contribute..at knife points.

Hesperia Duct Stripers.....They are in there! Just really hard to catch. I got lucky!...Twice.......16 & 20 lbs

sorry pics are so big. I'm not too good on the computer.......
    Last edited by M@M; 06-11-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Holy piece of meat and you're using a medium gear? You're a skilled man. Must be a heck of a battle heh? What bait(s) did you use? Spill the info oh skilled one!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast