Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqueduct stretch above Silverwood Lake

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    You guys been seeing the tullies and sides lately over there? The ones in the AV have disappeared since the winter draw down. Been catching plenty of stripers still without them around but I don't know what happened to them. They were so thick this time of year in pre draw down years. Wondering if it's the same in the Hesperia area as far as the tullies and sides go.
    He lives!

It's been a while since I've fished the Duct, been having too much fun on the LMB's at Silverwood so I would say it was prior to the drawdown that I witnessed the Tuly's. I guess one of these days I'll have to join Asian guy on a striper hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Any time you fish the duct better bring your A game.
    That place is no joke.
    YEP!!! thats what my uncle has been telling me since i first fished the duct when i was 10 years old. hes a seasoned duct fisherman and does not codone this light tackle crap some people like to bring to the duct. Medium heavy to heavy reels, 7' and 8' rods. 15-25lb test. on big treble hooks and pyramid sinkers.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Anything to do with 10lbs+, you can't bring light or medium gears unless you want to buy new gears later, or work at it for 20min+ . I want to fight a quick short fight..either I'm going to get exhausted first, or the monsters that lurk the water. Will prep the two major gears for some near future actions in the summer.

Seal, what's the best/nominal time range to access the duct just above the Silverwood without getting into trouble with the DFG for the local authority? Where's the best place to park to stroll along the entire 5 miles length without getting into trouble for parking off-road up there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    Anything to do with 10lbs+, you can't bring light or medium gears unless you want to buy new gears later, or work at it for 20min+ . I want to fight a quick short fight..either I'm going to get exhausted first, or the monsters that lurk the water. Will prep the two major gears for some near future actions in the summer.

Seal, what's the best/nominal time range to access the duct just above the Silverwood without getting into trouble with the DFG for the local authority? Where's the best place to park to stroll along the entire 5 miles length without getting into trouble for parking off-road up there?
    My friend 10lb test maybe even a little on the light side. 12lb and up is more like it. Some people may mess around with lighter tackle but ive expereinced what the aqueduct does to light tackle, it aint pretty. Some people bring light tackle because they dont expect to get a big fish, but fishing the duct for a long time now I can say from experience there are big fish in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post

24hrs with no worries but I've been told of some issues with low life's rolling guys out solo, even old folks, but that was a few years ago nothing recent. I had one little episode with guys that looked to be stealing gas, gave um the stink eye and they started mouthing off but that was my only issue. That's kind of why I like the morning instead of night, all the losers are sleeping in.

The area I described has enough room on the right side to park and there is a little turnout off to the left to park also, just make sure you don't block the off road path you never know if a quad might take out the side of your vehicle (although off roading is supposed to be illegal there). You can also access the Aquaduct a mile or 2 up from there but not sure on the roads to get there, Google maps might get you there, follow the Aquaduct up and there should be a road that crosses it, I think it's closed after it meets the Duct but still gets you more into the middle, just never tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    My friend 10lb test maybe even a little on the light side. 12lb and up is more like it.
    No no..I'm talking about the 10lbs+ monsters. Not the test line. Going up with a 10lbs, I rather have a 15lbs or more line to fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    24hrs with no worries but I've been told of some issues with low life's rolling guys out solo, even old folks, but that was a few years ago nothing recent. I had one little episode with guys that looked to be stealing gas, gave um the stink eye and they started mouthing off but that was my only issue. That's kind of why I like the morning instead of night, all the losers are sleeping in.

The area I described has enough room on the right side to park and there is a little turnout off to the left to park also, just make sure you don't block the off road path you never know if a quad might take out the side of your vehicle (although off roading is supposed to be illegal there). You can also access the Aquaduct a mile or 2 up from there but not sure on the roads to get there, Google maps might get you there, follow the Aquaduct up and there should be a road that crosses it, I think it's closed after it meets the Duct but still gets you more into the middle, just never tried it myself.
    Got it. Thanks. I'll make sure you to bring some thief deterrent gears with me, or for some interesting excursion meeting with low lives. I'll make sure to move away from main paths to prevent blockage. Thanks for the heads up.

I know when i fish any part of the duct thats way out in the middle of nowhere at night i bring a coule of freinds whos names are. 12 gauge and 9 milimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I know when i fish any part of the duct thats way out in the middle of nowhere at night i bring a coule of freinds whos names are. 12 gauge and 9 milimeter.
    Hope you got licenses for those ;) a 6 inch hunting and military issued knives are a lot easier to get out of than a couple of guns without licenses.

Yes i do, I always keep my license for them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast