Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqueduct stretch above Silverwood Lake

Default Aqueduct stretch above Silverwood Lake

Anyone of you guys hit that 5 miles stretch yet? Just slight northwest of the Cedar Spring Dam, and passing through the entire city of Hesperia and Baldy Mesa. Seal?!

Nope have to check it out.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Yup fished it a bunch. The best stretch I think is just past the airport about 1/2 mile off Santa Fe, the Aquaduct is underground there and if you take a paved road off to the left that goes uphill a short ways there is a parking area and an entrance that is where a siphon pulls the water uphill and is then exposed again. I like to walk all the way down to the end in the early morning (before light) and fish the area that overlooks the valley/ranch beneath Cedar Springs/Silverwood. I have caught huge cat (12 lbs) in the Aqaduct there and have seen lot's of bait (Silversides) and tuly perch, also have seen big blow ups on bait balls by stripers I would assume but they are a tough bite for some reason in there. I've tried a lot of different lures and use a big Fluke a lot and only been hammered a couple times. I've spoken with DFG out there and when they draw down the Aquaduct for stolen vehicle removal he said that there are huge striper in there but he didn't see the numbers that seem to populate other stretches of the Aquaduct, but I will not give up I will pull one out one of these days!!!!!

Good luck!

You walked the freaking 5 miles stretch early morning?! Dude..you and I need to hook up with the boys to break my small fishes boredom! Any taker to join with Seal? It's freaking a hell of a drive to that point. My brother needs a few good fights with the fishes to de-virginize him in fishing.

Okay, need to know your standard gears to fight these monsters:
    - Rods, reels, suitable test lines, hooks, baits, etc.. Don't want to go up there short of gears and get slap by those fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yup fished it a bunch. The best stretch I think is just past the airport about 1/2 mile off Santa Fe, the Aquaduct is underground there and if you take a paved road off to the left that goes uphill a short ways there is a parking area and an entrance that is where a siphon pulls the water uphill and is then exposed again. I like to walk all the way down to the end in the early morning (before light) and fish the area that overlooks the valley/ranch beneath Cedar Springs/Silverwood. I have caught huge cat (12 lbs) in the Aqaduct there and have seen lot's of bait (Silversides) and tuly perch, also have seen big blow ups on bait balls by stripers I would assume but they are a tough bite for some reason in there. I've tried a lot of different lures and use a big Fluke a lot and only been hammered a couple times. I've spoken with DFG out there and when they draw down the Aquaduct for stolen vehicle removal he said that there are huge striper in there but he didn't see the numbers that seem to populate other stretches of the Aquaduct, but I will not give up I will pull one out one of these days!!!!!

Good luck!
    I know someone who fished in the place that you guys are talking about. he pulled like 20lber out of there. But i dont know if it was true or not.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

If Seal confirms this, or towards this size, I may have to bring out the my heavy-medium ocean gears to do some major hauling..and a fresh pair of pants just in case.

two weeks ago ai got a 17.25 pounds cat from there.but i start fishing on ranchero rd.and make my way down to the siphon.i use fresh shrimp and a 2/0 hook.w/1oz.lead in a cr.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    If Seal confirms this, or towards this size, I may have to bring out the my heavy-medium ocean gears to do some major hauling..and a fresh pair of pants just in case.
    Any time you fish the duct better bring your A game.
    That place is no joke.

I do remember at the silverwood store about a year or so ago there was a pic of a 30plus that came outta there according to one of the cashiers. I've fished that area before off and on w/o success however that doesn't mean much. The duct is an entirely different animal. I've heard the splashes at night tho! Dues paid would probably wire a guy into a giant. I confirm Seal's observation about the tuly's and the 'sides.

You guys been seeing the tullies and sides lately over there? The ones in the AV have disappeared since the winter draw down. Been catching plenty of stripers still without them around but I don't know what happened to them. They were so thick this time of year in pre draw down years. Wondering if it's the same in the Hesperia area as far as the tullies and sides go.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast