Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dfg popped the live trout chuckers

I was told the lake record was caught on a live trout and not a Lunker Punker.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    I was told the lake record was caught on a live trout and not a Lunker Punker.
    Thats some Bullsh!t
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I heard the same thing. Jesse Mena has the lake record and I have seen him throwing live trout for the past month solid at that lake. East dam cove a couple weeks day after the plant, he had 20 fish from 7 to 15 pounds for him and some other trout chucker with him. They would turn around fire a jig in the bush catch a trout then pin it and toss it. Didn't care who saw them. Wasn't he banned from the lake for a year for using live trout.

Anybody know the story, come on inquiring minds want to know

Default a year?

only a year? the dfg needs to step up and punish infractions like that. anyone can catch a dink trout and freeline it and then whatever happens , happens , but i think it is very unsportman like . it's bad enough all the trout fall prey to cormorants , temprature die off and now they gotta worry about fisherman trying to catch a lunker/trophy?not cool.

is it illegal to use trout youve already caught and like somehow get the essence of it on like atrout swimbait or something. like stick the swimbait inside of a dead trout or something i dont know, this is hypothetically speaking of course from a curious fisherman.

i think people using trout as bait is wrong but only cause it falls against california law. in some other states you can do it, so by calling the act itself unethical i think would be an opinion since california is one of the few states you cant do it in. i just dont support the act because its illegal. and i dont support illegal activity.

If you use a scented plastic worm in a wild trout stream, you are using bait.

It's not illegal to use bait at DVL.

It is illegal to use trout though.

I can't imagine they would take offense if you rubbed a trout on your swimbait.

I don't scent any of my swimbaits anymore because I don't throw Hudds for one and all my mechani-trouts are reaction.

The reason we don't like (people using trout for bait) it is because we literally throw our arms out trying to get these trophies legally and then the lake record is posted by live bait tosser with illegal means.

What do I know.. I just fish there as hard as I can for big fish. Spend every dime I have doing too and my GF hates me for it but I'm there putting in work.

The biggest one I have heard of taken on a swimbait is a 27lber on a triple trout on the troll.
    Nobody has told me anything larger so far on a lure but I'm sure it has happened.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-09-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    I heard the same thing. Jesse Mena has the lake record and I have seen him throwing live trout for the past month solid at that lake. East dam cove a couple weeks day after the plant, he had 20 fish from 7 to 15 pounds for him and some other trout chucker with him. They would turn around fire a jig in the bush catch a trout then pin it and toss it. Didn't care who saw them. Wasn't he banned from the lake for a year for using live trout.
    Sounds like they are lazy attention whores to me!!

Uh..hum..... To anybody out there who would like to use live trout as bait........ LEARN HOW TO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catching trophy fish is supposed to take countless hours of disappointment and let downs. Throughout the trips of disappointment and let downs however , you will learn how to catch huge, trophy, making other people jealous GIANT'S. All's I can say is BOOK UM DANO!!!!!! My neighbors 2 year old daughter could i'm sure catch a huge fish on a live trout! Where is the skill in that? No skill involved at all. I blow my nose at all the live bait chucker's and fart in there general direction!!!! Peace out.......side!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast