Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dfg popped the live trout chuckers

Default Dfg popped the live trout chuckers

I heard that the DFG popped a couple guys using live trout the other day. I hope they learned their lesson! Cheaters!

* Save a Striper eat a Largemouth

I dont like largemouth, striper thats a delicasy. I wonder why its illegal to use trout as bait. Next time i move i moving to nevada its perfectly legal to chum use trout and bluegill as bait. and to fish any lake at night.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I dont like largemouth, striper thats a delicasy. I wonder why its illegal to use trout as bait. Next time i move i moving to nevada its perfectly legal to chum use trout and bluegill as bait. and to fish any lake at night.
    Nope trout is totally illegal in Nevada and they are much more aggressive in their enforcement, less anglers more game wardens, I get checked regularely out there. Chumming is legal, in fact one of the favorite methods is a chum bomb, mix up a bunch of crap and freeze it in a paper cup then pop it out of the cup when you get there and drop, it thaws and releases all the good stuff, bluegill is legal on the river but not sure if it's legal state wide.
    Last edited by seal; 06-09-2011 at 12:02 PM.

In the State of Nevada Trout and Bluegill are not legal to use as bait and CHUMMING is ONLY allowed on the Colorado river, Lake Mead, Lake Mohave. Bluegill are legal bait in Arizona and California fishing the Colorado river but not sure for the rest of Arizona but California it is not allowed. Chumming is key to a good stripper bite out here in Southern Nevada because the lakes are so large. It helps to concentrate the fish. There are a few live fish that can be used as bait here on the Colorado river and many other Lakes in Nevada but check the regulations for where you are fishing because they change for nearly every lake.
    This is from the NDOW regulations booklet for the Colorado river region of Nevada

"In Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and the Colorado River
    located in Clark County, only golden shiner, fathead
    minnow, mosquitofish, red shiner, threadfin shad,
    carp and goldfish may be used as live bait fish. Other
    forms of aquatic and animal life, such as the waterdog,
    grasshopper, earthworm and crayfish may be used as
    bait."

Big B

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    In the State of Nevada Trout and Bluegill are not legal to use as bait and CHUMMING is ONLY allowed on the Colorado river, Lake Mead, Lake Mohave. Bluegill are legal bait in Arizona and California fishing the Colorado river but not sure for the rest of Arizona but California it is not allowed. Chumming is key to a good stripper bite out here in Southern Nevada because the lakes are so large. It helps to concentrate the fish. There are a few live fish that can be used as bait here on the Colorado river and many other Lakes in Nevada but check the regulations for where you are fishing because they change for nearly every lake.
    This is from the NDOW regulations booklet for the Colorado river region of Nevada

"In Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and the Colorado River
    located in Clark County, only golden shiner, fathead
    minnow, mosquitofish, red shiner, threadfin shad,
    carp and goldfish may be used as live bait fish. Other
    forms of aquatic and animal life, such as the waterdog,
    grasshopper, earthworm and crayfish may be used as
    bait."

Big B
    Big B, the Colorado river regualtions including Mead and Mohave are shared with Arizona since Arizona and Nevada share the waters this also includes California on the Colorado river. Since I do not use bluegill or chum and only fish the river, Mead and Mohave that is the reason I wrote that I was unsure of bluegill in the rest of Nevada I actually meant bluegill and chum but I don't think it was clear enough in my explanation. Although this post was never about Nevada it was about live trout at DVL.

This is from the NDOW regulatins book also-

"Chumming: “Chumming” means placing fish, parts of
    fish, or other material upon which fish feed, in the water for
    the purpose of attracting fish to a particular
    area so that they
    may be taken. Chumming is prohibited in Lake Tahoe, Topaz
    Lake, Spooner Lake, and the entire Ruby Lake National
    Wildlife Refuge."

This regulation BS is starting to give me a damn headache!
    Last edited by seal; 06-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Its been a while since if fished nevada so alot has obviously changed. You used to be able to chum was never sure about using trout as bait though. i know someone who fishes the river and they say you can use bluegill as bait. I know that much. seal i know what you mean about the regs bs i cant keep up with it anymore. Ive found myself just using the same bait over again all the time, becuase i no longer know whats legal and whats not.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 06-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Nope trout is totally illegal in Nevada and they are much more aggressive in their enforcement, less anglers more game wardens, I get checked regularely out there. Chumming is legal, in fact one of the favorite methods is a chum bomb, mix up a bunch of crap and freeze it in a paper cup then pop it out of the cup when you get there and drop, it thaws and releases all the good stuff, bluegill is legal on the river but not sure if it's legal state wide.
    I also new that they were more aggressive in enforcement, an uncle of mine whos fished the river told me that basically they dont have many laws but the ones they do have they enforce well.

ok highjackers don't really care about Nevada. I don't have a car and ride my bike to DVL, I see guys all the time flylining live trout and catch fish. Yes I am jelous because them catch fish and I don't but I don't cheat. What happened to the guys that got busted?

come down to louisiana... and use whatever ur heart desires

Your not much of a fisherman if you have to use trout and bluegill as bait! Just my 2cents

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast