Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: need some advice plz...

Default need some advice plz...

hello all well i was just wondering if any1 could lead me in the right derection... my wife and i are going to fish here on sat and its going to be our first time there. SHe really hates not catching anything and if thats the case she wont go back anymore. So i was wondering if any1 could tell me what would be a good spot to fish for catfish maybe trout also if they are still bitting. Also do i need a boat or shore is fine also?

i trully apreciate any help and tips. i know some people prefer not to say on here but i will acept a PM also lol thanx every1

1st, I'd say rent a boat and bring a light (night fishing?). 2nd, I'd say bait is key. Get some mack and/or raw shrimp for the kitties. The typical trout stuff will work for the trout. 3rd, if you're not getting bit somewhere, move, it may take a couple of moves to find the fish. The fish are all over the lake. 3rd, tight lines !!!!
    Last edited by hooks; 06-07-2011 at 11:06 PM.

As far as the kitties go I have no idea. Never really targeted them but am going to try this season. The trout bite is still pretty good with best bets trolling. They are go deeper as the water warms up. Try leadcore line to
    get the lures down deeper.

make sure u rent a boat if u dont have one and get mackeral and shrimp. when it gets hot anchor in the trees and if u dont get a bite move around when u find them its on. i suggest u hold ur pole cuz they will snag u in the tree instantly use at least 20lb line minimum. and for fishing for cats at night go deep and leave the bell open so the big boy can take it. hope this helps.

thanx u guys i trully apreciate it and i guess i will see if i can afford a boat because money is tight so hopefully i find some1 to split it with

great tips from all............ =)

can any1 else help me out plz?? because i think im going to be stuk on the shore...

If your stuck on shore, then I'd say right up front near the boat ramp. BUT it being the Kittie opener, you may need to get there early. That's where all the fish are being dumped in and that would be your best bet. If that's too crowded, head down the first road toward trout island and follow it back to the flats and look for a spot back there. About 3 quarters of the way back to the last gate, there are some quick drop-offs that are real close to shore. I, myself, like to target such drop-offs when fishing.
    tight lines...

Trust me if u can rent a boat it will be worth it even if ur broke afterwards. Die hard fishin

hey wel thanxs once again i trully apreciate the info ill be there sat and i hope i dont get the skunk..