Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank supplier

Just realized I can probably make those cork cutting jigs with some 1.25" PVC tubing and a PVC saw for about $120 less than they sell for. lol ($129! ouch!)

Nice! Now to order some corks.

Just need to decide what color I want the trims and winding checks.

I saw some saweet chameleon colored guides somewhere.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-08-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions on the blanks.

TJ, I think I've found what I wanna start my creation with.

Doh!
    Angler's Workshop didn't have the blank in stock. Aka one week lead time plus turnaround.
    Wasn't noted on their site!

Cancelled my order..
    In light of I can have C&M order the blank minus shipping and have it one week flat.

Will have to re-order my IC722 either from C&M or somebody who actually has one in stock! Otherwise I'm paying a middle man for more waiting time. I'd rather wait more and not. Seems like having C&M order it is best option.

Will still have to drive down there too.

Hmm I have to figure out a good way to get blanks.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-08-2011 at 03:11 PM.

TJ:

RX8+C843 Rainshadow Blank

or

NFC MB 705-1 (IM) North Fork Composite Blank

I'm so confused now!

Thank goodness i'm hoping to have this completed by next Spring. I have a lot of thinking to do.

You'll have to call on the blank. If possible try and go somewhere to feel them. Tie the target bait on the tip of the blank and shake it around some. Would have helped if I brought a triple trout and a BBZ with me to buy my swimbait blank.

Just from what I know about rod building (which very much is nothing at all) I'd go with the rainshadow.
    I keep confusing North Fork with TFO fly rods or something?

I hope I can find me this IC722 stick.
    I'll call down to C&M and see what they say.
    Either way I'll have to pay gas down there to go get it too.
    Sucks had to cancel my order. I was looking forward to that blank. I'll have to keep trying.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-08-2011 at 04:43 PM.

TFO and North Fork both incorporate Gary Loomis. TFO's bass series is "Loomis certified" but he actually didn't design any of them, just "certified" them lol
    North Fork Composites is his new blank company after he parted ways with Shimano a few years back. Call Bill Batson's people up at the Batson warehouse in Washington if you can't find one local. Bill has ordered blanks directly for several people I know in the local saltwater bassin' scene. They are usually willing to help you get the blank asap or at least help you find a dealer with the blank in stock.

Took another stab at ordering the IC722 blank from another supplier just now.
    Let's see how this one goes.

Now I just need that fancy cork dicing kit.

Great read on here guys! I'm just now getting around to having a rod built. In fact, I'm doing some myself to learn.

As far as Phenix blanks...Not just because I am supported by Phenix Rods, but I truly beleive that it is hard to beat the strenght Vs weight and sensativity with thier sticks!! I have had ZERO problemsyet and I put my rods through a C-Angler Tour and tossed around my deck when i'm out practicing.

My current project is a Phenix 7'Medium X-9 Crankbait rod with titanium guides and an all eva split grip. I'm actually gonna use it for a wormin rod bacause the tip is so sensative.

My IC722 just showed up today!
    That's like 5 days total. It was actually there yesterday but I had to wait until I got home from Sierras today to pick it up.
    So 4 days!
    Midwestrodandreel.com
    Came packed perfectly as well.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    My current project is a Phenix 7'Medium X-9 Crankbait rod ...I'm actually gonna use it for a wormin rod bacause the tip is so sensative.
    Maverick,

Is that the 'red' crankbait blank?

Because if so, i'm curious how you intend on getting a good hookset, because the rod is extremely parabolic from molesting it at various trade shows i've attended.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast