Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a 24 hour fishing session at Irvine Lake?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 30.61%
  • Yes, but only if boats are allowed

32 65.31%
  • No, please explain why not

3 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 24 Hour Fishing Once a month

Default Summer 24 Hour Fishing Once a month

Vineline will be proposing to the board that Irvine Lake do a 24 hour fishing event once a month for a "price".

Ok lets lay some ground work.... For this to happen it needs to be cost effective for the Vine. Vineline said to make this work it'd most likely be for shore fishing only (after their normal closing time of 12am).

$22 fishing passes would still be available to fish from 6am - 12am and 24hr fishing passes would be available for a "price". This way the general public can fish like they normally do until the Vines normal closing time of 12am. A Vine employee (Jerry, VinePatrol, etc...) can go around the lake every hour or so after their normal closing time until 6am the next morning to make sure everyone has a "24hr fishing sticker".

Boats would still be allowed on the water and rental boats still available until the normal time of 11:45pm.

The Vine would re-open to the general public at 6am the next morning and boats would again be allowed on the water at that time. Boats slips would be available for $10 per night so you can leave your boat overnite till boats are allowed back out on the water at 6am.

If you would only fish this event if boats are allowed please vote yes and post a reply saying "yes but only if boats are allowed". To make this cost effective for the Vine maybe they could charge an extra fee if you rent a boat for the 24hr fishing session.

So the question is would you participate in a 24hr fishing session at Irvine Lake once a month? (This would be during their summer hours)

No matter what (if anything) ends up happening this is sure to be an amazing summer of fishing, camping, etc... at my favorite lake, the Vine. I hope to see ya'll out there on the water this summer!

Yes from me, but only if boats are allowed.lets face it the best spots are only accessible from boat

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Vineline will be proposing to the board that Irvine Lake do a 24 hour fishing event once a month for a "price".

Ok lets lay some ground work.... For this to happen it needs to be cost effective for the Vine. Vineline said to make this work it'd most likely be for shore fishing only (after their normal closing time of 12am).

$22 fishing passes would still be available to fish from 6am - 12am and 24hr fishing passes would be available for a "price". This way the general public can fish like they normally do until the Vines normal closing time of 12am. A Vine employee (Jerry, VinePatrol, etc...) can go around the lake every hour or so after their normal closing time until 6am the next morning to make sure everyone has a "24hr fishing sticker".

Boats would still be allowed on the water and rental boats still available until the normal time of 11:45pm.

The Vine would re-open to the general public at 6am the next morning and boats would again be allowed on the water at that time. Boats slips would be available for $10 per night so you can leave your boat overnite till boats are allowed back out on the water at 6am.

If you would only fish this event if boats are allowed please vote yes and post a reply saying "yes but only if boats are allowed". To make this cost effective for the Vine maybe they could charge an extra fee if you rent a boat for the 24hr fishing session.

So the question is would you participate in a 24hr fishing session at Irvine Lake once a month? (This would be during their summer hours)

No matter what (if anything) ends up happening this is sure to be an amazing summer of fishing, camping, etc... at my favorite lake, the Vine. I hope to see ya'll out there on the water this summer!
    this is unrelated kinda but how do you start threads with a poll. sorry to take this thread off course for a moment tappersteve.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

When you start a thread at the bottom there is an option to start a poll. Not sure if you have to have a certain # of post or anything like that.

TS

When you start a thread at the bottom there is an option to start a poll. Not sure if you have to have a certain # of post or anything like that.

TS
    thank you.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

TS
    what if there was an extra fee to fish from a boat24 hrs.

great detailed post

If I was able to use my boat I would participate maybe once for the 24hr deal. Hard to get me away from my flatheads during the immediate summer but if it was like in the fall I would definitely do it because that is the big cat months for the Vine. Whichever way it goes you definitely have to support it to make it worth while to happen from a managerial standpoint. Since I will be out of state most the summer I would not be able to make a july or early August date but the fall is open for me when I go back to work. Labor day weekend sounds like a good time to do it for the holiday crowds.

yes but only if boats are allowed

i would be all over this if they offered a ferry type service to other parts of the lake since no boats will be allowed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast