Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 5 Species Day + OC Music Festival 2011 @ the Vine

Default 5 Species Day + OC Music Festival 2011 @ the Vine

I anxiously arrived at the Vine around 5:30am Friday morning for a day of fishing and a weekend of camping and music.

After launching my boat I headed to the overflow parking lot to unhook my boat trailer for the weekend and put my van in line for the festival. So by the time I was done doing all that I returned to my boat and was leaving the dock by 6:30am.

I started out trolling Jensen Needlefish dipped/soaked in Bite-On Garlic on leadcore. It didnt take long for me to find a "pattern" and I was 0N the fish.

1st 'bow of the day!

2nd 'bow of the day!

3rd fish of the day, a streamlined, powerhouse, steelie!

Next fish I could tell it wasnt a trout from the fight the fish was putting on. "What is it?", I thought. Finally I got the fish to the net and saw I had caught this holdover channel cat!

After that I hooked into another fish that had alot more fight to it than your average 'bow. W0W! Another hard fighting brown trout, my 3rd this season!

What a way to end an amazing trout season at my favorite lake, the Vine with a 4 species limit all by 9am (2.5hrs), 2 'bows, a steelie, a cat kicker, and my 3rd brownie of the season to cap it all off! What could be next?

Well.... i'll tell you! The water clearity is crystal clear right now at the vine. After heading back in I could easily see all the trout and LMB on their beds. I decided to tie on a jig and walk the shoreline and see if I could get any bass to bite. Didnt take long and I had got my 1st LMB of the day to bite!

After that my battery on my camera died. I caught (and safely released) 2 more LMB before deciding to start preparing for the OC Music Festival.

Here's a few bonus pics from the festival!

Cubensis (acoustic) day 1!

My buddy Gab (in the tie-dye shirt) rocking out to Mark Ford and the Neptune Blues Band!

Better Chemistry on the 2nd stage!

New Monsoon!

Cubensis (electric) day 2!

Here's a pic of my "taping" gear hence my namesake, "Taper"Steve. I've been taping live concerts for almost 15 years now and have taped 1000's of shows all across America. I taped most the music this weekend. Im currently working on transfering and mastering the recordings. Ill add some links to the music I taped this past weekend as I finish mastering it for those of you who may be interested.

What a super, duper, amazing weekend! Big props to the Vine staff for the hard work you guys always do!

I cant wait for this weekends catfish opener. I should be there Saturday afternoon/evening. Hope to see ya'll there for some good times and great fishing at my favorite lake, the Vine!

TaperSteve

*UPDATE*
    Here's a link to some of the music I recorded this past weekend. Ill keep adding recordings as I finish mastering them. You can either download the music for free or stream it directly from the website.

Cubensis (Acoustic) - 6/3/11 (Music of the Grateful Dead): http://www.archive.org/details/cuben...ions&reCache=1

Better Chemistry - 6/4/11 (Reggae): http://www.archive.org/details/bette...6-04&reCache=1

New Monsoon - 6/4/11 (Jamband): http://www.archive.org/details/nm201...ions&reCache=1

Cubensis (Electric) - 6/4/11 (Music of the Grateful Dead): http://www.archive.org/details/cuben...ions&reCache=1
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 06-08-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Great job! I was there the day b4 it was really tough fishing. I'll be looking for the kitties this Fri. night!
    tight lines...
    Last edited by hooks; 06-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.

sounds like a good day. nice job. thanks for the report.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 06-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Damn Steve you the man! Still slaying the trout. I have been to busy to hit the water recently and I am living
    vicariously through your posts. Man I need to hit the water. Thanks for the report.

Nice job agian Steve I cant wait for fishing those night time cats.But it will have towait one more weekend im fishing lake Morena this weekend.PS cant wait to hear the recordings.

nice man!!!

Great job ! I been wondering where the hell are T.S reports! Thanks for sharing!
    This is exactly what we need before the opener............where I will 0wn !!

Wtg on the variety pack, thanks for sharing dude....hey you wanna buy a weber bbq with a broken handle for cheap?

TD

Thanx for all the positive replies/vibes ya'll!

I started adding links to some of the music I recorded at the OC Music Festival. Check the end of my report for the links!

TS

hey TaperSteve,
    thanks for the links to the music!!!!