Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear irvine, !!!!part 2..the vine repond.....

Default Dear irvine, !!!!part 2..the vine respond.....

We understand that some of you hardcore catfishermen love the 24 hr. fishing. With that said there is only a handful of you that would actually take advantage of the 24 hour fishing. I will propose to the board that we do a 24 hour fishing event for a "price" once per month. Here's the catch, in order to make it cost effective for Irvine Lake it will only be shore fishing. That way we don't have to pay dock workers, patrol on the water and we don't have to keep the store open. What do you think?

In addition to the 24 shore fishing. We can try to do a 24 hour fishing event for boaters. Once again for a "price" by reservation only. In short I would pre sell the event and see what we get. If I get enough people signed up and its cost effective for Irvine Lake then we will do it.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Perris Bluegill Chaser; 06-06-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris Bluegill Chaser View Post
    We understand that some of you hardcore catfishermen love the 24 hr. fishing. With that said there is only a handful of you that would actually take advantage of the 24 hour fishing. I will propose to the board that we do a 24 hour fishing event for a "price" once per month. Here's the catch, in order to make it cost effective for Irvine Lake it will only be shore fishing. That way we don't have to pay dock workers, patrol on the water and we don't have to keep the store open. What do you think?

In addition to the 24 shore fishing. We can try to do a 24 hour fishing event for boaters. Once again for a "price" by reservation only. In short I would pre sell the event and see what we get. If I get enough people signed up and its cost effective for Irvine Lake then we will do it.

What do you think?
    Thank you. that sound good to me. Like i said before i love fishing the vine its one of the better lakes. So to all that said they wouldnt well they did. Thats what makes them a great lake..They are willing to make there customer happy....THANK YOU AGAIN IRVINE LAKE!..So now its up to the fisherman to turn out in great numbers.

1.Perris bluegill chaser

They ain't done it yet.
    Not trying to stir the pot but many, like me have been fishing this place for years (30 for me). And nothing like this has happened b4 to my knowledge. If has been brought up many times in the past, you're not the 1st.
    Now it's time to put up or shut up, and see if we care enough to make this happen.
    tight lines...

PS - count me in !!!
    Last edited by hooks; 06-06-2011 at 09:29 AM.

I say nay.... all or nothing.

What about those who fish almost exclusively from a boat (I being one of them)? One of the best parts about catfish season at the Vine is being able to get out to those trees and underwater structure when it gets dark and anchor up for an evening under the stars.

Also like others said in the other thread, for the nighttime crappie anglers, the sun goes down, you put out your crappie lights and wait 60-90 mins for the bait ball to build up under your boat. If everything goes as planned then the bite starts to pick up by 10:30-11pm. With Jerry starting to chase everyone off the lake at 11:30pm that doesnt leave much time for the crappie anglers to take advantage of the nighttime bite. If the Vine decided to stay open longer for the shoreline anglers that kinda leaves the nighttime crappie anglers a**'d out.

I'd L0VE to see the Vine open for 24hr fishing but like I said above it should be all or nothing otherwise there might be alot of people raising their hand saying what about me?

TS

Thank you. that sound good to me. Like i said before i love fishing the vine its one of the better lakes. So to all that said they wouldnt well they did. Thats what makes them a great lake..They are willing to make there customer happy....THANK YOU AGAIN IRVINE LAKE!..So now its up to the fisherman to turn out in great numbers.

1.Perris bluegill chaser

1.Perris bluegill chaser
    2. Big Daddy (if it is on a friday night on a boat) Thanks Irvine for the consideration of this
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 06-06-2011 at 09:27 AM.

What do you think?
    Do you think that maybe you should let Irvine generate a list when they are ready and not you? This post sounds like from your wording that you are asscociated with Irvine lake, you basically copied and pasted Vineline's text.

If you are taking a poll then you should generate a post with a poll question so you can then pass on those results to Irvine, this reads like a sign up sheet for an event that has been planned.

Ok there giving us A once a month deal. what more could you want. there not going to open it up everynight cuz its not cost effective. so thats out of the window. Havent read all the posts yet but if your asking for more thats sounding kinda greedy and ungrateful. Its not like they can just say oh hey wana have a all nighter even at irvine tomorrow, sure. it takes planning and most importantly money.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I'm definitely down as long as its by boat

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Do you think that maybe you should let Irvine generate a list when they are ready and not you? This post sounds like from your wording that you are asscociated with Irvine lake, you basically copied and pasted Vineline's text.

If you are taking a poll then you should generate a post with a poll question so you can then pass on those results to Irvine, this reads like a sign up sheet for an event that has been planned.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Ok there giving us A once a month deal. what more could you want. there not going to open it up everynight cuz its not cost effective. so thats out of the window. Havent read all the posts yet but if your asking for more thats sounding kinda greedy and ungrateful. Its not like they can just say oh hey wana have a all nighter even at irvine tomorrow, sure. it takes planning and most importantly money.
    Hold on peeps it still has to be approved first by the board, lets not start counting our chicks before they hatch

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast